LXII. ᴀ ʜʏᴘᴏᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄᴀʟ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ʜʏsᴛᴇʀɪᴀ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒊 𝒂𝒎

𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒇,
𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆.❞︎

─︎ 𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒆
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Journaling whatever emotions impacted his life was a routine for Stefan Salvatore. At first, when he first returned to Mystic Falls, all he could write about was Elena and how she was identical to Katherine. Without reluctance, he would compare their traits.

However, as he spent more time in the messed-up town, he found himself writing about someone completely different from Elena Gilbert. Madeline's personality and moralities were striking, cautioning those who possessed ill intentions toward her and her family. Powerful and adorned with elegance, she was a storm that would not hesitate to ensue.

She was kind and understanding, but when she was livid or underestimated by someone (especially a male) she was a force to be reckoned with.

Underneath the stars, Madeline and I sat on the grass and talked about whatever we could while we ate delicious sweets from a gas station. Almost everything was perfect yesterday. All the dancing, the kiss, everything. With her, it seemed like there were interminable conversations and smiles. Before, I tried to be the monster everyone assumed I was, so they would no longer be disappointed. However, she is my inspiration to be better than the monster I have produced out of pure fear, to do better. She feels ─︎

"What are you jotting down this time?" Damon inquired, stealing the journal from his younger brother's hand. Because he wasn't drinking human blood anymore, Stefan was weaker than Damon, leaving him powerless to get his journal entries back.

"Damon, give it back," Stefan muttered as the raven-haired Salvatore leafed through the pages.

Damon's eyes widened, rereading the page over and over again. "Is it finally happening? Like officially?" Since day one, Damon was Madeline's and Stefan's number one shipper. Surprisingly, it wasn't because he wanted Elena all to himself. It was just because he knew Madeline brought out the best in Stefan. However, he would never admit it. He would die before confessing he actually cared about his baby brother.

Plucking away the journal, Stefan declared, "None of your business." Damon scoffed as Stefan returned to his desk, closing his journal to continue writing another time. Needing advice, Stefan meddled with his pen and added, "It's not official... Yet."