XXXVIII. ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴡɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡

❝𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒
ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡
𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑
𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡.❞︎

─︎ 𝑘𝑖𝑘𝑖 𝑟𝑒𝑛

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Obnoxiously, a phone buzzed, awakening all the people in Caroline's room. The twins slept on the floor because they skidded off in their sleep, snoring mildly. Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena laid on the blonde's bed, barely fitting.

"Shut that thing up," Pietro said, tugging the blanket he and his sister shared.

"Stop taking the fucking blanket," Madeline grumbled, deviating from her side to her back. "We've been over this. Both of us get half."

Pietro shushed her, covering her mouth with her hand. "I'm twelve minutes older than you."

"You can't use that excuse for everything." Madeline groaned, moving his hand out of the way.

"Fine. I'm the better-looking twin." In response, Madeline swatted him away and made a book fall on his head. "Hey! No using telekinesis for petty matters, sestra."

"You're being so loud," Madeline said, taking the blanket for herself as Elena was shoved off the bed, essentially chosen to answer the phone. Elena squirmed away with her phone in her hand, permitting the others to relax.

Pietro whispered, "Admit it. I'm the better-looking twin."

"Shut up," Madeline said with a small chuckle, shoving her brother away. "You're the most immature one."

Pietro gasped dramatically, turning to face his twin. "Take that back! I'm not immature."

"Yeah, your childish arguing is really proving your point," Madeline murmured under her breath.

"Caroline, Bonnie, who is the mature twin?" Pietro questioned, earning a few groans of discontent before receiving a response.

"Mads." Bonnie and Caroline said in unison, leaving the speedster dumbfounded and glaring at the hunter.

He shrugged, exhausted. "Still older, though."

"Whatever you say, brother." Madeline chuckled before falling back to sleep. Slowly, her brother made sure she was napping before covering her with the blanket, guaranteeing she wouldn't feel cold.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

While Elena and Stefan left for their little getaway, the others had other diminutive missions to operate. Damon and Alaric wanted to investigate Elijah, leaving Madeline and her friends to find some information from Luka, which was carried out with Bonnie's "witch roofie."