XXXIV. ʜᴇᴀᴅᴀᴄʜᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ᴡɪsᴘs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑑, 𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑒𝑑𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛

𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑠
𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛.❞︎

─︎ 𝑗𝑜ℎ𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑛
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Mischief was one of the things the twins began doing once they reunited. Tiptoeing to the kitchen, they explored for Alaric's stockpile of alcohol, which he always kept stashed away. Unluckily, he changed between hiding places, which was incredibly inconvenient. Sometimes he forgot where he last arranged his beverages.

"Have you found it yet?" Madeline questioned, her voice low in order to not wake up her father and his girlfriend. Jenna had been staying over more frequently, just like both Saltzman had been staying over at the Gilbert home.

"Not yet. Shush before they hear us." Pietro reminded, ransacking the cabinets overcrowded with plates and other traditional household items.

"If they do hear us, it will be your fault!" Madeline whispered-shouted, pointing out how vociferously her brother had been shutting the drawers.

Pietro gasped dramatically, pretending to act offended. "You take that back."

"Absolutely not." Madeline countered before two people entered the room.

Freezing as still as a deer caught in headlights, the two duos glanced at each other, observing their current state. Alaric and Jenna had definitely been struggling to sneak around, assuming the twins were slumbering.

"Looks like you guys have been busy," Madeline commented, scrunching up her nose as she noticed their lack of clothing. Jenna's hair was chaotic, and she was wearing simple shorts and one of Alaric's enormous t-shirts. Madeline's father stood behind the aunt, so his body wasn't revealed, which the twins were grateful for.

"Uh, you see... We were just ─︎," Jenna stammered, glimpsing at her boyfriend for some assistance.

"You were fucking. Got it." Madeline said teasingly, making her older brother chuckle and Jenna blush.

"Sorry about this," Jenna whispered, anticipating to get out of the embarrassing occurrence. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be sleeping?"

"We've been caught," Pietro whispered to Maddie. "What do we do?"

"I don't know. Make up an excuse." Madeline mumbled back, making the adults' brows wrinkle as they wondered what the twins were saying.

"Got it." Pietro nodded. Beginning his spontaneous plan, he whooshed his hands around as if he were trying to hypnotize the couple. "This is all a dream. Go back to sleep."