XLIX. ᴄᴏɴsᴛᴇʟʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ sᴀʟᴠᴀᴛᴏʀᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑,𝑤𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑠.𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛 𝑢𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛'𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠

❝𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑,
𝑤𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑠.
𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛 𝑢𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠
𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛'𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠.❞︎

─︎ 𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗘

Pietro found Damon picking down all the newspapers and knowledge he had up in his wardrobe to help him hunt for his brother and best friend.

"Mads called, Damon," Pietro said, provoking the blue-eyed vampire to freeze.

"Sure she did. What did she say?" Damon said, returning to his dreary task.

"She said nothing, but it was her," Pietro said, identifying the intensity in his gut was right. "I asked the sheriff if she could trace the call's origin. It came from Tennessee."

"Where they have been binge drinking on the county folk," Damon replied, persisting as tenacious as ever. "I have already been through this with Elena. They're gone."

"Is Madeline truly gone?" Pietro countered, eyes narrowed. "She isn't the one who killed Andie. If she were gone, she wouldn't have called."

Damon went on silent, detesting the part of himself that wanted to give up.

"She is there because she wanted to save you," Pietro said, becoming exasperated. "Even when you turned her into a vampire without her permission. If you were in her position, she would do everything in her power to find you!"

"Pietro, that's the problem!" Damon exclaimed. "Ginny is just ─︎"

"─︎ You feel guilty that they are with Klaus. Trust me, I know. I feel guilty I wasn't there to stop her." Pietro spoke. "But if you won't help, then so be it, 'cause I will find my sister with or without your help."

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

The trio plodded through the woodland, searching for Ray's crew. His current dead carcass was being transported by Stefan.

"You ok? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus said, mockery fortified in his approach. "Madeline could always take him, you know?"

"I'm fine," Stefan responded, understanding Madeline didn't want to touch the corpse (and for good reason).

"Are you sure about that? We have been walking for quite some time." Klaus continued. Displeasing them had become his new diversion. "If you need some water or a little sit-down..."