V. ʙᴏɴɴɪᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟, 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑦

❝︎𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑠
𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟,
𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦
𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒
𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑦.❞︎

─︎ 𝑧𝑎𝑦𝑛 ♡
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

To say Bonnie was a tornado of mayhem was an understatement. To rescue a vampire (who was trapped in a sealed tomb filled with other vampires) that saved her life, she and her grandmother, who she treasured very much, had to do a draining spell. Unfortunately, her grandmother wasn't powerful enough. Despite the rationalization of it all, she partially blamed Elena and Stefan, people she genuinely wanted to help, and now her grandmother was dead because of it.

Elena knew her best friend needed time to lament, and she also blamed herself too, and it only brought up feelings relating to the loss of her parents. She stayed away, letting Caroline and Madeline take care of her. While Caroline went to the store to get more supplies for Bonnie, the aching girl lingered in her home with Madeline, tears cascading down her face.

"It was my fault," Bonnie said, head resting in her hands. "I am the one who wanted to do that dumb spell." Disheartened, she sat in her bed and hadn't eaten in a while. Bonnie now knew that Madeline was aware of the paranormal world, so she felt comfortable chatting about it with her.

"Bonnie, darling, this isn't your fault," Madeline assured, embodying the girl in a hug. "I know you think that it's your fault, but it's not."

"But it is!" she sobbed, grasping her arms around her friend to receive some comfort she hopelessly sought. "I insisted even when she said no! I couldn't fix her! I couldn't bring her back!"

"Bonnie, sometimes bad things just happen. You can't stop them or fix them. I know I can't stop you from thinking the worst about this, but I can assure you, your grandmother wouldn't want you blaming yourself. She would want you to use your power for yourself and not anyone else." Madeline encouraged, disconnecting from the hug to establish eye contact. "You are Bonnie fucking Bennett, and now you must find yourself and not use your power for other people's benefit, okay? Sure, it's nice to help others, but you matter too. Sometimes you have to look after yourself first, and I know your grams would've wanted you to embrace who you truly are."

"Do you really think so?" Bonnie questioned, her breathing steadying.

"I know so. I may not know who your grandmother was, but I can tell that she was and still is proud of you. Continue making her proud, Bennett." Madeline determined with a grin, interweaving their hands together to demonstrate she was there for the grieving witch.