LXVII. ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴛᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅғɪʀᴇ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒛𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎.❞︎

─︎ 𝒋𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒎 𝒅𝒊𝒃𝒊𝒆
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

With Madeline's head resting against his chest, Stefan speculated how he got so lucky. Sleeping peacefully, the redhead remained supposedly unaware of how Stefan's eyes admired her features, massaging halos on her bare back.

Glistening sunlight landed on her skin, making her look like the universe crafted her with all the power it possessed. In a world infected with corruption, she was golden, born with a blaze that couldn't be put out. She was the untamed ember that brought a wildfire of passion into his life, awakening a hidden side to himself.

"You're staring, Salvatore," she whispered, opening her vivid green eyes that made the forests appear dull.

Smiling as he spotted the minor freckles coating her cheeks, he couldn't believe that she was real. "Yes, well, I do like looking at my girlfriend from time to time. She is very pretty."

"Oh, I pity the poor girl." Madeline teased, messing up his hair more than it already was. Her gentle hands toying with his hair made him grin wider. Snaking his hand to her nape, he pulled her in for a kiss.

Once they separated, Madeline said, "As much as I love kissing you, I'm going to brush my teeth. Morning breath is nasty."

Not wanting her to leave, Stefan groaned and wrapped his hands around her waist, refusing to let go. "You're staying, Leine. Let's take a break today."

"We have to go to this dance thingy, Stefan. Rebekah and Caroline will kill me if I don't show up." Madeline said, tracing figure eights onto his shoulder.

"About that... would you do me the honor and allow me to be your date?" Stefan whispered, feeling her chuckle.

"I don't know," Madeline said, pretending to contemplate the offer. "I have a line of boys and girls waiting for me to choose them." Seeing the playful glare on her boyfriend's face, she gave in and nodded. "Fine. I accept. I can't wait to learn a few dance moves from you."

"I can't wait to make that line of people jealous," Stefan smirked, pressing a kiss onto her forehead. "But for now..." He flipped over so he would be on top and pressed a kiss on Madeline's collarbone. "We can do something more fun."

"I like the sound of that." Madeline chuckled.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎