IX. ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴄᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ғɪɢʜᴛs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑖𝑓 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑟𝑢𝑒𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑓𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑦,𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑦,𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑎𝑟�...

𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑓𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑦,
𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑛
𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑦,
𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑐𝑖𝑡𝑦.❞︎

─︎ 𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑖𝑡𝑎 𝑔𝑖𝑙𝑙
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Sporadically, during the double date, the teens and one vampire would glance over to Jenna, Damon, and Kelly, which reminded the past lovers of many remembrances and entertaining adventures they encountered together in the past as they took turns playing pool. Not knowing what to do while Matt and Elena took a path down memory lane, the three other teens exchanged a glimpse, indicating how sheepish they felt.

"What is your favorite snack?" Madeline questioned aimlessly, hoping to deter everyone away from an unwanted subject. "I have been planning to make a picnic for all of us when Bonnie gets back, so I seriously need suggestions."

"How about Matt and Stefan tell you while I go to the restroom with Elena?" Caroline proposed, nudging her hair behind her ear nervously. The AC turned on, now tenderly blowing chilly air into the room to ameliorate their customers from the unnaturally warm humidity.

"Of course! I mean, these two should know their girlfriends enough to answer that simple question, right?" Madeline said, helping the two other females to depart to the lavatory.

"Oh, thank god. Now that they are gone, we can have some fun and breathe." Madeline lied, desiring to get intel on how Matt felt about Caroline. Stefan nodded and continued playing pool as Madeline asked Matt how his relationship was going, ingeniously using different tactics to beat the two humans.

"Is there anything you're not good at?" Matt exhaled, letting out a breathy chuckle as he leaned against the pool table.

"He is not good at double dating," Madeline informed as Stefan continued winning at their game without inaccuracy. "Okay, dude! Give other people a chance to win!"

"Yeah, this is bullying in the modern world now." Matt smiled.

"You just don't like to lose." Stefan proclaimed. "Since I won, we have to do something fun now."

"Do you see this, Matt?" Madeline mumbled jokingly, pointing to the youngest Salvatore brother. "He is harassing me now."

"There is only one way to settle this." Matt sighed. "A sword fight."