XI. ᴛᴏʀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴇʀᴠᴀɪɴ ʀᴏᴘᴇs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒

𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔,
𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖
𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒.❞︎

─︎ 𝑡𝑎𝑦𝑙𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑤𝑖𝑓𝑡 ♡︎
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Still unconscious, Madeline had her arms and ankles knotted to a chair, and her hair was dangling as her body slumped backward. Keeping the vampire weak, the tomb vampires repeatedly jabbed him with a stake, savoring the agonizing groans he would let out.

"Let her go," Stefan muttered, eyes pleading for the pain to vaporize from his body as he gawked at the sleeping female in front of him.

"No, no, no. She is going to be my little toy from now on." One of the tomb vampires snickered, nudging the red-headed girl's hair back to expose her neck, which was contaminated with blood from the last time they plunged their fangs inside. Hearing vociferous hammering at the door, the new leader of the vampire group shushed everyone and instructed them to untie the human.

"Pearl! I swear to god I will bust through and rip your head off!" Damon shouted as he thudded on the door, a yearning for retaliation developing in his muddled spirit.

Once they had Stefan and Madeline ready to be displayed to the eldest Salvatore brother, the leader opened the door, knowing the blue-eyed vampire couldn't enter unless he was invited in.

"Pearl is not home," he enunciated, detecting the essence of the rain and taking satisfaction in the sound of thunder. Flashing in the sky, the thunder seemed to represent Damon's impatience as he quickly began a conversation.

"Where are my brother and Madeline?" Damon demanded, narrowing his eyes as his cynicism heightened.

Contented that the eldest brother inquired, he called out for the vampires to reveal Madeline with her crimson blood littered across her skin and Stefan hunching over in distress, watery-eyed. Desiring to ridicule the older brother, the vampires jabbed Stefan again and began dining on the Saltzman's maroon blood.

"You're dead," Damon murmured as he attempted to penetrate the structure, only to realize he couldn't.

"You haven't been invited in. Sorry." the tomb vampire said without a sliver of repentance in his tone. To ensure Damon wouldn't be able to enter, he compelled the landowner of the residence, Miss Gibbons, to never let him in.

"All those years stuck in a tomb thanks to Katherine's infatuation with you and your brother." the tomb vampire uttered in controversy. "The first few weeks make every single nerve in your body scream with fire. The kind of pain that can drive a person delirious. I am going to make sure your brother gets a taste of what that feels like before I kill him. And for Madeline, she killed one of our own and is especially close to Stefan, so I will make sure she suffers more than I ever did. Have a nice day."