XLVI. ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑡,𝑖 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦

❝𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘
𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑡,
𝑖 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓
𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒
𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦.❞︎

─︎ 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑦

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Death was always a hazard when you were a vampire hunter and hung around people who usually antagonized people and inadvertently caused complications.

Nevertheless, you can imagine the surprise Madeline got when they realized Jenna was in transition. Because Damon had interfered, Klaus was forced to use his backup werewolf and vampire, Jules and Jenna. Jules wasn't there just yet, leaving the teenagers time to explain what was going on and why they were at the Quarry. Madeline didn't have her powers, for the time being, thanks to a spell the witch executed. It was temporarily irreversible.

"He killed me?" Jenna said, guzzling down the translucent disdain and fear. She couldn't let it get in the way, not with Madeline and Elena at risk. "I'm going to be a vampire?"

"And I bet you're hungry." Klaus's witch mentioned, who was Luka's sister. Seeing a sharpened rock on the ground, Elena took the opportunity and sprinted for it.

"Elena, no!" Madeline said, knowing the doppelganger's attempt would fail. Witches were dynamic and not to be messed with, and that was demonstrated when Elena was launched away and a circle of fire surrounded her. The witch snagged onto Madeline and propelled her away from Jenna, their own circles of fire emerging.

"I spelled the circle, so don't bother trying to get through. You're trapped." the witch advised. Greta, despite being a supernatural entity that was presumed to maintain equilibrium, along with Guardians, was stubborn. Not once did she show any concern about her dead father and brother. "No matter what you do."

"Greta, please let Jenna go." Madeline and Elena implored, the radiance of the fire pressing them not to move. Not bothering to listen to their begs, the witch cut her hand, the blood almost making Jenna drool. Seeing Jenna consume the blood determined that Klaus had everything set in place. Madeline muttered curses under her breath, wondering what her friends and family were thinking.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

Stefan scrambled inside his home to find an unconscious Pietro. Shaking him awake, he exhaled in relief when he saw Pietro hoisting himself off the floor and clasping onto the counter until his knuckles turned white.

"What the hell happened?" Pietro said, but before the vampire could answer, his expression shifted in realization and irritation. "Where the fuck is she?"