LXIII. sᴇʀɪᴀʟ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʟʙᴇʀᴛ ʀɪɴɢ

BOOM. UPDATE.
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆

❝𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔
𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆.
𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔
𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆.❞︎

─︎ 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒍 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Sitting in a cell, Alaric couldn't believe that Sheriff Forbes believed he was the insane serial killer assassinating council members. Wondering how his daughter was doing, his question was soon answered when he heard some angered remarks.

"Madeline, please listen. You can't see him." Liz said, going after the redhead as she searched for her father.

Madeline scoffed, turning around to face the blonde sheriff. "Liz, he's my father. What do you mean I can't see him? He wouldn't do this." Alaric leaned closer to the cell door, wanting to hear the conversation better.

"His weapons were used in the murders. Dr. Fell said he came at her with a knife!" Liz remarked, stating most of the facts stacked against the history teacher.

Madeline narrowed her eyes, attempting to remain as respectful as possible. "He is one of the serial killer's victims! I found him injured."

"According to Dr. Fell, his wounds could have been self-inflicted!" Liz explained, seeing the redhead flare with annoyance.

Madeline replied, "So we are listening to the bitch who is possibly framing my dad now?"

"Madeline, your dad is staying in that cell until we can find any evidence that proves her wrong." Liz declared, irritated. "That's final."

Catching a glint in Liz's eyes that proved she would not be swayed, Madeline exhaled. "Liz, can I just see him? He's my dad."

Attaining sympathy, Liz sighed, conflicted. "Fine. Only a few minutes."

Taking what she could get, Madeline thanked her and dashed to the cell that held her father from roaming free. Smiling, relief swamped Alaric as he saw his daughter safe. "Hey, Maddie."

Seeing her father in jail didn't feel right, establishing a devoid of tranquility. "Hey, dad. You look awful." she joked as they held hands, yearning to hug.

Alaric chuckled, analyzing his daughter's face for any injuries. "Thanks."

Unsure of what else to say, Madeline whispered, "We'll find out who the killer is, okay? You'll be out of here in no time."

Alaric sighed, not wanting his daughter to be searching for danger, especially when danger always seemed to find her. "Maddie, I don't want you chasing whoever it is."