LVIII. ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇʀᴇᴡᴏʟғ ʙɪᴛᴇs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝒊'𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊'𝒅 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔

❝︎𝒊'𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈
𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊'𝒅 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔.❞︎

─︎ 𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒆
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Slowly walking into Caroline's home through the front door with the key she was given weeks ago, Madeline held a pile of gifts in her hands, effortlessly balancing the tall stack. Caroline could hear her, but she didn't want to ruin the months of planning her best friend did.

Liz Forbes was helping, getting startled when Madeline used her powers to set the boxes on the floor in a certain way. "I'm never getting used to that," Liz whispered, smiling at the effort Madeline was putting into Caroline's special day.

"Do you think she'll like it?" Madeline inquired, tapping the stack of boxes to test if it would fall. Thanks to luck being on her side, the stack stood tall, barely shifting.

Nodding, Liz answered, "Of course. She loves her birthdays."

"That's an understatement." Madeline chuckled, putting up the poster she created. It was covered with a cloth, prepared for Caroline to open it up as if it were one of the gift boxes. "You raised a remarkable woman, Liz."

"I know." the mother smiled proudly, looking at all the gifts. "I can't be prouder. Though, you might spoil her."

"That's the goal," Madeline commented.

"I can hear you!" Caroline called out, smiling at what her mother said.

"We know!" Madeline and Liz called out in response, waiting for the blonde to enter the living room. Caroline exited her room, her hair slightly ruffled after her sleep. Mouth gaping at the number of presents, her eyes widened.

Caroline chuckled. "You had to go all out, huh?"

"Of course. You are my best friend, after all." Madeline said, tackling her in a hug. Despite her changed views of birthdays, Caroline embraced the redhead, dismissing how her mother's instinct was to snap a photo. "I love you, Care."

"I love you, Mads." Caroline smiled, feeling guilty for not being as excited about her birthday as she used to be.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

"Alright, fess up," Madeline said when they were alone in the blonde's room, trying to pick out her outfit. The gifts were still in the living room, waiting to be opened.

"What do you mean?" Caroline chuckled nervously, skimming through the ton of hangers in her closet.

Madeline gave her a look, showing she knew the blonde was lying. "Care, I know you better than anyone else. What's wrong?"