XXIX. ʟɪᴢ ғᴏʀʙᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠, ℎ𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑠,𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑠

𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑠.❞︎

─︎ 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑒, 𝑚𝑎𝑐𝑏𝑒𝑡ℎ
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

As usual, things were not going according to plan. Handcuffs bound her hands behind her back, the girl was shoved into a corner. Pulsing pain tormented her leg. Inside old slave quarters (belonging to the original Lockwood house), the council members readied to carry out their agenda. Mason left, considering he wasn't a member. Wielding their weapons, they waited for the vampires to wake up, needing answers. Unfortunately for the police, they didn't open their eyes, leaving only Madeline to answer their questions.

"How many more are there?" one of the officers asked the hunter, unaware of how much information she contained. Stepping on her wound, the cop provoked the Saltzman to grunt. Stifling an angered chuckle, she rolled her eyes.

"For the last time, I have no idea what you're fucking talking about!" Madeline articulated, craving to lunge forward and attack. "Are you slow?"

"You don't seem very surprised with all of this! You came along to confront Mason! You know something." Liz urged. "How do they walk in the sun? How did they fool us?" Repeating the painful action with more force, the hunter screamed, alerting her unidentified rescue team outside.

"Fine." Madeline huffed. "The truth is... I rather be getting fucked by a chainsaw than be here with you."

"Quit playing around!" another officer declared.

"I am not telling you shit," Madeline muttered. "Liz, you know me! Damon is your friend!"

"Our friendship was a lie." Liz snapped, the current betrayal blitzing her opinions.

"If she won't tell us, then there is no reason to believe they will either," a cop said, stopping the teenager from getting through to the sheriff.

Liz ordered, "Stake them through the heart and burn them both."

"What about her?" the cop inquired again, their questions seeming like they'd never end.

"Let me think about it," Liz said. "She's human. We aren't killing her."

"How do you suggest we keep her quiet then?" the male authority figure questioned. Metal creaked before Madeline prepared to protest against her friends' unwanted deaths.

"Check it out," Liz demanded. Seconds later, a wooden plank collided with the cop, who investigated the noise. Elena entered, breath ragged and uneven.

"You can't kill them. I am not going to let you!" Elena protested. Overestimating how hard she hit the officer, her eyes enlarged when he shoved her next to Madeline.