XXVI. ᴘɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴀʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ sɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴɪғᴇ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑖 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒

❝𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒
ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡
𝑖 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒
𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒.❞︎

─︎ ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑚. 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑎𝑙
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Because of her remarkable cooking abilities, Madeline was helping Jenna prepare for her barbecue. She and her father had been invited, but so was Mason Lockwood. Alaric didn't like him, considering he had endangered his daughter and her friends when he wasn't there to ensure her safety.

"Why is Damon coming?" Jenna asked, setting up bowls while the hunter poured chips into them. All Jenna felt for Damon was dislike, although she had admitted that he was attractive before. It was something she regretted endorsing.

"Unfortunately, my dad is a pity-taker." Madeline smiled, crumbling the empty bags of chips and throwing them in the trash. "Try not to be annoyed by his massive ego and useless opinions."

"I will when he learns to keep his paws off Elena," Jenna commented. "Thank you for helping, by the way. With your cooking, we shall impress everyone."

Madeline chuckled. "Of course. If they don't like it, we can always react violently."

"Duh." Jenna joked. Because Alaric was close with the aunt, Maddie and Jenna had gotten closer. Throughout their visits and hangouts, Madeline gradually began seeing Jenna as a mother figure, a chaotic one with good intentions. Putting an end to their quipping chitchat, Mason sauntered inside with shot glasses and alcohol in his hands, wearing an enthusiastic smile.

"Good news! I found the shot glasses!" Mason exclaimed, setting the items on the kitchen counter.

"Oh, you better be sharing with me," Madeline whispered, receiving an unimpressed glimpse from the aunt.

"Only when Jenna isn't here." the Lockwood retorted. Even though she knew what he truly was, Madeline noticed Mason was relaxed and tolerable when he wasn't trying to slaughter you in a forest.

"Absolutely not," Alaric asserted as he joined them, shaking his head to express his objection.

Madeline sighed dramatically. "Darn you, dad. I thought we were close." In the end, Alaric and Jenna had to chase Maddie around the house to snatch away the beverage Mason provided jokingly.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

"Hey, Stefano. We are all waiting for you. I literally cooked, and you don't want to miss that." Madeline mumbled as she left a voicemail for the Salvatore. It had been around the tenth one, while Elena had more than that. Sitting at the Gilbert's porch and waiting for the male vampire to arrive, Elena and Madeline chatted, and a different vampire appeared, a vampire with an unwanted duty to break up the lovers.