𝟎𝟕.

𝐈𝐳𝐚

Just as I made my way into the cafe, my shoulder collided with another. Just as I was about to apologise my mouth turned to a huge gasp.

Her eyes were puffy like she had been crying for days. Her hands were wrapped around her stomach in a way of self-defence from whatever had caused this version of her to occur. Her facial expression was mixed with an unreadable emotion, her lips trembling with a frown whilst she kept her head down to the ground as she made her way out of the cafe.

I grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the cafe before I spoke to her. "Noor, what happened to you?"

"Hey, Iza. How have you been?" She asked, smiling at me like the shaking of her legs said nothing worrying.

"You look like you ran out of life, did that guy from before do something?" I asked sudden concern made its way to my face, as a frown slowly started to form on my lips. Noor's smile faltered, something flashed in her facial expression before she replied.

"No, I'm fine, just hungover." She said, rubbing her arm with a small smile on her face. "Plus my period couldn't come at a better time."

I let out a partly relieved sigh, folding my arms. "You had a drink without me?" I joked, letting out a small chuckle to lighten the mood, "I could have drowned all of yesterday's problems away."

Noor chuckled for a response. "Another argument with Leo?"

"Well, he has always been a problem to me but-"

Noor's phone rang with a notification and her screen lit up. "Iza, I'm so sorry but I have to go now." She suddenly interrupted, rapidly texting on her phone.

"Wait what, why?" I said, confused by the sudden change in Noor's behaviour.

"My mom needs me." She said, before hugging me and walking away.

I sighed, watching her walk away before I turned back to the cafe. Taking my usual spot at our table, as they all eyed me up and down. It seems none of them had failed to notice my late coming to this coffee 'date'. 

"We ordered already Izabella," Kai said, taking a sip of water from her glass before setting it down on the table and looking at me with a sneer.

"It's fine, I'm not hungry," I muttered, wishing to be anywhere else but here.

"Pass like how you haven't answered any of our questions," Cher added, playing with the food on her plate.

"Well, he's only just my fucking maths tutor," I said, rolling my eyes at them as I shifted in my seat.

"Is it true he has a flower tattoo dedicated to some girl?" Fallon questioned, curiosity playing around in her tone as she looked up from her phone. 

"Not that I know of," I shrugged, starting to get a little irritated by their obsession with him.

"So you've seen him shirtless-"  

Kai held up her hand to both Cher and Fallon. "Calm down, girls everything in time. Plus, when I go out on that date I'll have more than enough details for you both." She said, a smile on her face, as she flicked her blonde hair back. 

I raised an eyebrow at her, folding my arms as she turned to fix up her gloss. "You're going on a date with Leo?" 

"Yeah, he texted me to meet him later on," Kai answered, giving me a smug look as she leaned into me. "Looks like he will only remain your maths tutor."