𝟑𝟏.

𝐈𝐳𝐚

I don't know why I said that, but it was out now.

"Sure, if you want me to," Leo answered to my question, beginning to walk towards me. He paused right before the edge of the bed, as he looked at me with a look full of some weird sort of emotion I couldn't comprehend. "Are you okay with me sleeping with you? I mean there is no pillow this time."

I froze. No pillow? There have to be some pillows in this house, I mean Tristan's rich. He has to have some spares lying around somewhere. I could go and ask him but shit, how would I go down and ask him for a pillow now? Not after my dramatic exit.

So instead, I turned to Leo, "Could you go and ask Tristan for a pillow?"

Leo tilted his head to the right slightly, considering whether or not I was joking before he let out a small laugh, "You are aware that I called your mom and uncle assholes? As much as I'd risk my life for you, Iza, I have some things to do in this life before I leave. So no, I can't go and ask."

"You'd risk your life for me?" I asked, my face shifting to an expression of utter shock as I dismissed everything else, he had said.

"Well, yeah." He answered two simple words, shrugging his shoulders. He said it so casually like he admits these weird confessions to me every day. "What else is my life without you?"

I turned to look at him, to make sure I was still talking to the Leo I had met a few months ago.

Every time, I've looked into Leo's eyes I was always able to read the emotion behind them. Usually, it was anger or hatred, yet this time, I couldn't tell what it was. It was that same weird look in his eyes he had when he kiss- yeah whatever happened the night that I decided to carelessly get drunk.

I absolutely fathomed that sort of gaze. I would actually prefer it if he had laser eyes that could kill me, despite the fact that I would be in fear of dying if he ever looked at me, it would be a better feeling than the one I get whenever his eyes meet with mine, it makes me feel like everything is melting inside me and my heart beats so fast it feels like it's punching and pushing against my ribs to find a way out.

"I mean if it bothers you that there isn't any pillow, I could just sleep on the floor," Leo spoke up, pulling me out of my train of thought as he started to back away from the bed.

I instantly snapped my head around to him. "Wait no!" I yelled out suddenly, Leo looked towards me with a bewildered expression. He seemed just as confused as I was. Why did I instinctively react like that?

His gaze immediately met with mine and for damn sure it was the one that had me stumbling over my words, I quickly glanced away from him. God, since when has it become this hard to talk to him? "I just feel bad that you sleep on the ground, while I'm here on the bed." I lied, fidgeting with my fingers.

The truth was some weird part of me wanted to have him beside me when I slept.

Leo stilled for a second before he let out a small laugh in response, as he shook his head at me. He tore his eyes off of me, mumbling incoherent words to himself before he grabbed his pillow and a blanket from a closet. Leo then turned to me, his face suddenly unreadable of emotion. "I'll be fine sleeping on the ground, Iza. Goodnight." He said, his voice quiet and low.

Is he mad at me? Actually, maybe he is upset, but there is really no reason for that.

I slipped out of the bed, and slowly made my way towards him. He had his eyes squinted shut, and he seemed to have a small frown on his face. It looked sort of adorable in some way.