𝟏𝟖.

𝐈𝐳𝐚

"I don't really think this is a good idea," Leo spoke up, following behind me. He made sure to stay close to me, occasionally tightening his grip on my hand at any suspicious-looking man that came near me.

"Like we ever have any good ideas," I muttered, rolling my eyes as I took a sip of my coffee as I strolled across the mall. "We are just a sad bunch of bad ideas."

"We aren't a bad idea," Leo said, raising his eyebrows at me. "Maybe you are just talking about yourself when you talk about horrible ideas." He teased with a small smile on his face, readying himself for the horrific stare I was about to give him.

"Are you asking to get another guitar with the words 'Ratface' on it?" I snapped back, looking him up and down with a mischievous look.

"Hey, I'm sorry," Leo said, raising his hands in apology. "Don't want to break our newly found friendship already," He added, muttering under his breath with yet another grin on his lips at the mention of 'friendship'.

"Being nice to you is hard," I admitted, scoffing and rolling my eyes.

"Yet you've been smiling the whole time" Leo denied, smirking and peering over at me with a cocky expression.

I tilted my head towards him, looking at him with narrow eyes as I bit my lip back to stop myself from smiling. "I have a sugar rush." 

Leo shrugged his shoulders as he carried on walking, "I'm just saying, you have been smiling the whole time I've been with you so maybe it's not that hard."

"I definitely won't be smiling when Mum comes home," I replied, frowning at the thought of that.

"Remind me why we are walking around the shopping centre as of way stalking your Mum?" Leo asked, a look of disgust overcoming his face at the mention of my Mum. "Aran told me she put the both of you through some horrible shit."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I know, but she's my Mum."  I answered, a frown on my face at the memory of how much of a bad person she was. It was heartbreaking for my mind to see that my heart still somehow wanted my Mum. "Plus stalking is fun."

"Oh so have you stalked me-"

"I'm joking!" I cut through, laughing at the look on Leo's face. "We are here because I want to find out what she is doing here after five months of not texting or calling back."

Leo had an unimpressed look on his face, raising his eyebrows at me as I carried on laughing. "Do you still think she has something in her to care about you?"

I stopped laughing and cleared my throat. "You don't know my mom," I muttered, shaking my head at him but mostly myself. I don't know how I had it in me to still defend my Mum.

"That's what I said about my brother too, yet he still continued to hit me with every bit of resentment he had for me," Leo muttered, looking at me with a look that told me he knew exactly the amount of guilt I felt when I always pathetically came to defend my Mum.

"I don't know what it is, but I feel like I can tell you anything," He then cleared his throat. "I've never felt like that for anyone else."

Everything around me stopped, my gaze moved towards his face. His face was pulled down to something other than his usual cocky expression, his eyes shined with something that glimmered and glowed like a star in a dark night. He was being vulnerable to me.