𝟒𝟎.

"ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ ɴᴏᴡ?"

𝐋𝐞𝐨

My eyes watched the beauty sleeping in front of me, she was absolutely perfectly at peace in my bed.

Just then my phone rang with a call, I picked it up, seeing it said Caller ID before declining it and turning back to Iza.

As I turned back to my peace, a call rang through again. I groaned, turning to pick it up. "What?" I asked, annoyed at whoever was at the other end of the call.

"213, right?" Rhys's deep voice shook through the phone call, his voice hinting at something other than anger, it was something else much more meaningful and resenting. It almost sent chills down my spine.

I felt irritation rise up in me before I carefully removed Iza's hand from my chest and stormed out of my room. "You have the fucking ring, what else could you want?" I questioned in a hushed tone, making sure it was quiet enough to not wake up Iza.

I heard Rhys sigh before talking again. "I had to fight my way through it though," He replied with a mockingly exhausted voice. "Don't think I'm not out to ruin you because I killed Satoru."

I tensed up at his words, my breathing stopping for a second. "Don't fucking hurt her"

"I wouldn't do that," Rhys laughed into the phone, his sadistic thoughts leaking out from my phone as he carried on cackling like a cursed witch. "I'm just going to hurt you like a shit ton."

Before I could reply, he cut me off, "You'll know what to do." He muttered. "Plus you know well enough that such a guy like you doesn't deserve someone as good as her."

Time stopped around me, whilst the rug of my past slipped under my feet and caused me to fall with a huge thud on my head. I was a bad person.

𝐈𝐳𝐚

I expected to wake to a set of two strong arms around me, yet I woke to a shaking knee in my sight. I blinked a few times before getting up to a sitting position on the bed to see Leo sitting on the bed with his arm behind his head against the headboard. "Morning, love." He rumbled, the corners of his mouth turning up as he swivelled his head to me.

That empty shallow smile did something to me. It made my heart screech like nails on sandpaper, as I took in the look of his face. At first look, it was light and warm. His smile could light up any dark room of mine, I mean it sure did brighten up my dark gloomy mind.

But when you looked deeper into his eyes, there was an underlying mask that you could easily seep through and behind there was a mess of emotions. Full of this nauseating concern that churned with this horrible fear. I placed a hand on his cheek, guiding his face down so that our eyes could meet.

But he didn't seem to react at all to my touch, or even look at me for the matter. "Leo?"

"Yes?" He answered, his eyes refusing to turn to mine as he spoke.

"What happened?" I questioned him, shoving my hair into a ponytail before I moved closer towards him.

Leo still didn't look at me but instead stood up from his bed, making his way towards the door as he spoke. "I'm fine."

I brushed my teeth and washed my face as quickly as possible before following him to the kitchen. Leo sat at a chair on the dining table, his hair messy and ruffled like he had run his hand through it multiple times, he sat with an apple in his hand gripping it tightly. "You don't seem fine," I said to him, standing near the doorway.