𝟐𝟏.

𝐈𝐳𝐚

"Penny for your thoughts?" Leo chided, as he walked beside me with a slight smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and let out another frustrated sigh, "I'm annoyed," I answered before giving him a look, "Get that stupid smirk off your face."

"What are you annoyed at?" He asked clearly avoiding my question, his voice suddenly became a huge nuisance to my ears. Annoyed that I'm pissed at a girl over you, mainly.

"At you and everyone else in the world," I answered in a threateningly low tone, trying my best not to yell so I wouldn't draw any public attention. 

Attention has never really been my thing. Having all those eyes on you, watching your every move whether it's running ten horrendously long laps or if you are just simply breathing. It all makes me very fidgety and nervous. If I was ever a celebrity, I would definitely be the type to lose my anger and scream at the paparazzi.

"Is there ever a time you aren't irritated when you're with me?" Leo responded, looking around with alert eyes before he looked back at me, "Look you can be mad all you want but please don't draw any attention to us, I don't want to be jumped by fans at nine in the morning. Let's just get to the hall," He mumbled, picking up the pace as he took a quick glance behind him.

I scoffed in response, rolling my eyes once again before I opened my mouth, "You've got a few little fans now because you're song got famous on social media? How adorable." I muttered, my voice becoming intolerably harsh. Iza are you jealo- No, not jealous. Shut up irrelevant voice in my mind.

Leo tilted his head and looked at me with a smile on his face as I glared at him, "I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are jealous." God, sometimes it's like the voice in my head is in sync with what Leo says.

I let out a dry laugh before I replied, "You're very funny Leo, I'll give you that." There is no way in hell that I would be jealous that Leo is finally getting some girl's attention, actually, I would be grateful.

Oh, the things I would do to get him out of my house.

My phone rang with a call in my pocket as I picked it out, only wishing to have put my phone on silent. The screen had the number of none other than my mother's, I haven't had her name in her contact details for a very long time. I let out a huge sigh and swiped right on the screen before I pressed the phone on my ear. "Hello, what's the problem this time?" I asked, knowing she would only be phoning me for her own needs.

"Nothing is the problem sweetie." I could hear the rustling of bags in the background as Mom spoke, "I just phoned to say that I'm going to be gone for the day because I have to return this dress to a shop that is about four hours away from here."

I wrinkled my eyebrows and almost paused in my tracks. I was left speechless, my mouth opened but nothing came out of it. After a few moments of gathering myself together and rapidly processing what she has just said I was finally able to speak. Play it cool, Iza. "Okay cool, but what-"

"I'm going to be exhausted after four hours of driving  and returning a very heavy fabricated dress so I decided to make a reservation at a nearby hotel and rest there until the next day." Mom interrupted, answering my question before I could ask. I nodded my head and said 'mhm' in response before Mum let out a sigh and spoke again, this time her voice in a soft tone, "Things have been weird with us and I hate it because I know I caused it."

I frowned deeply and accidentally looked up at Leo as if he could hear what my Mum was saying, why was she suddenly changing the topic? I found him looking back at me, his eyebrows slightly pulled down as the pace we walked in started to slow down. We were reaching our college.