𝟒𝟔. | 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

𝐋𝐞𝐨

A few years later....

"Dude, for the last time, you look fine!" Aran said, his voice strained with frustration whilst he once again fixed my hair. 

"'Fine', isn't enough! This is a monumental time of our relationship dumbfuck. Now, is my hair okay?!" I asked once again, only Iza somehow managed to make my hair look good. 

Aran sighed in annoyance. "Yes! Now, call Noor." 

I took Aran's phone out, my hand slightly shaking before I shook my head and shoved it to him. "Fuck's sake, you call her." I was shaky off the excitement and nerves of this whole thing. 

What if she said no? 

He sighed, before grabbing his phone and calling her. "Hey, is she ready?" Aran questioned, his eyebrows pulling down to a serious expression as his stern voice resonated through the phone call audio. 

"Okay, good," Aran answered, giving me a thumbs up before we both bustled into the car. 

I wiped my hands on my shirt, letting out a cool breath as I ignored the constant internal monologue that screamed my anxious thoughts down to my jumpy heart. I had to calm myself down. "Imagine she says no." 

A hard slap on my back as I let out a large huff of air, the pain of the slap shook through me as Aran shook his head with an irritated look on his face. "You say that once more, and I'll slap your fat ass out of this car!" 

I sighed, a small chuckle at Aran's sense of determination and confidence in all this before I opened the box to once again check if the ring was in there. I smiled to myself upon opening and seeing the rose gold ring, it was like a small crown, embellished with silver diamonds within the petals of the flowers. 

She would love it. I knew she would, through one of Noor and Iza's many gossip sessions. Noor was always willing to help when it came to our relationship, in fact, Aran helped greatly too by suggesting places for the perfect occasions. 

Yet, the beach always stuck to me. It was a monumental part of our story. 

𝐈𝐳𝐚

Noor drank her cup of coffee, folding her arms as she checked the time on her phone. She flicked her hair as she looked out onto the many crashing waves of the ocean. They collapsed and crashed against each other until they blended into one perfect wave. "Wanna take a walk on the beach?" She asked, indicating to the idyllic beach that both me and Aran now privately owned. 

The land held a sense of peace to it, the silky sand held many memories of what had gone down on the beach, both sad and joyous. As I stepped through the sand, I couldn't help but notice the sunset shining and glimmering against the water. The many hues of orange, blue and pink shimmered and danced along the surface of the water. I nodded my head, shrugging my shoulders before I tightened the cardigan beside my waist.  "Why not?" 

As both I and Noor walked on, she suddenly stopped looking at me with a weird look on my face. "There is something on your face." 

I brought my mirror out, checking my face about to say I was fine before Noor brought up her finger and smudged my gloss. "Told you." 

"Noor!" I complained, taking my gloss out of my purse before I fixed my lips, about to close my mirror before she did something else again. 

Just then I felt a tug to my hair, pulling a strand of my dark brown hair out of my perfectly done ponytail. "Babe, I don't know if it's your ponytail or if it's just a bad hair day." 

I sighed in frustration, grabbing my ponytail and pulling down my scrunchie before wearing it on my wrist. "Happy now?" I asked, my dark brown hair flowed down a little below my hips. I was lucky the wind wasn't being as outrageous as it usually was or else my hair would have become a bird's nest within a second. 

Noor nodded her head, about to say something else before she flew off the ground with two strong arms wrapping around her waist. She let out a loud yelp, laughing as Aran flooded her with kisses from behind. "I missed my girl way too much today." He muttered. 

She turned to him with a confused look on her face, a smile still on her face although she was practically upside down with the way Aran held her. "We've only been two hours without each other." 

"That's 7,200 seconds," He responded with a cocky expression. "I can barely breathe a second without you near." 

I then felt a familiarly rough hand wrap around my waist, followed by the overfilling scent of musky vanilla as Leo pressed a warm kiss onto my cheek. "Hey, squirrel." He greeted, pulling me closer to him. "Want to take a walk?" 

The rays of the sunset shined down on his face, making his eyes glitter brighter than the sun as he looked down at me. That smile that always made its way to his face, stood out straight like a star in my dark night before I pushed myself up on my toes and placed a kiss on my lips. He smiled as his lips connected to mine. "Yes," I breathed out. 

I noticed Leo's casual attire as we walked off from a giggling couple of Noor and Aran, he had shorts and a white shirt on, the strands of sunlight that glowed down on him didn't fail to outline the figure of his muscles underneath his white shirt. The wind brushed through his hair like he was in a movie. Does he never have a bad hair day? "How do you do that?" I questioned, fluffing his hair up. 

Leo smiled as my fingers came in contact with his hair. "It's you." 

I laughed in reply, as we slowly made our way to the usual spot we always sat at. It was a place of many memories, where we cried, loved and undressed each other. 

Yet this time, we didn't sit down. Leo stood beside me, pressing a kiss on my lips before he broke it off too soon. "Iza, you are beautiful." He praised me, admiration shining on his face as the gleam of the sun lit up the features of his face. 

He turned to the sun, pointing to it. "This is nothing compared to you."  

My eyes moved to look out at the sky that surrounded us, I let out a small sigh of contentment as I turned around back to Leo. Yet that sigh quickly turned to a gasp when I caught him kneeling in front of me. I tensed, my heart running as fast as it could, as I watched him take out a small box from the pocket of his shorts. 

"Izabella Hafeez, I've loved you all my life. I'm pretty sure the reason why I was born was to keep you happy." Leo confessed, the glow of love built into his eyes as he nervously grinned up at me. 

Oh my God. 

"So will you marry me?" He questioned, opening up the box, yet I didn't care about what the ring looked like because all I could think about was him.  

Tears threatened the edge of my eyes, as I frantically nodded my head at him, pushing my hand out to him. "Yes, Leon Torres, I will marry you." 

He let out a sigh of relief before he took out the ring from the box and gently grasped my hand. Slowly, placing it on my hand, as he moved his eyes up to me with the biggest smile on his face whilst he slid the ring onto my ring finger. "I'm always and forever yours, I've always been."

My knees collapsed and soon my face met with his before I accidentally pushed him back to the sandy ground with the force of my lips on his, the both of us smiled into the kiss occasionally laughing. I ended it with a gasp. "And, I'm yours." 

"Always and forever us," He muttered to me, his eyes meeting with mine once more and for a million lifetimes. 

A/N [not edited]

It truly has been a journey with you all. Thank you for the endless loads of support and love you have given all these characters. I'm going to literally cry. 

I'm listening to 'Nobody' by Selena Gomez whilst writing this, and I'm just hysterically sobbing so hard rn.

hope you enjoyed this chapter for the last time <3

take care of yourselves and don't forget to vote! 

I'll see you all until the next update 😉...

- Naz <3