𝟏𝟕.

𝐋𝐞𝐨

"Go fucking harder!" I screeched out at Arden before he shook his head at me and threw another punch to my face.

Yet it felt like nothing, it was completely numb, compared to the raging fire of frustration that sat in my heart. I rushed towards him and threw an uppercut to his jaw. My face had a sense of determination to it, with an underlying mask of irritation and resentment as I lost myself in the violence of my actions.

The violence of my childhood, my dad...my brother.

Arden's punches and hits vanished in front of me, and I was fifteen again, on the floor, my hands bloody from Rhys's back.

His sobs stabbed me like a sharp arrow in my heart yet my father still remained persistent with his whip, grabbing me away from Rhys before he slashed his back once more with the lethal rope. A scream echoed through the hall of our mansion as the blood dripped down onto the white marble floor.

"You scream once more, and I'll have you dead," Father warned before he ordered a maid to have the blood spilt cleaned immediately.

"Father please!" I begged, my voice on the verge of tears as he held me back. "Don't hurt him! He didn't do anything wrong!"

My father's grey eyes met with mine before he patted my head. "Don't involve yourself in such matters, you're my golden child," He warned me before he had his guards lock me away in the room.

A thud shook my head to reality as my back smashed onto the ground. Arden's fists followed right after, his knuckles hitting my cheek hard enough to leave a bruise. Just as I was about to jump back up and return him with a hit, Arden's fists were snatched from my face before he was carelessly tossed to the ground. 

A big burly man, with a tattooed skull on his neck, threw Arden to the ground before grabbing my arm and force-standing me up. His deadly serious face was similar from somewhere, yet I couldn't place an exact finger on it.

Rhys walked in with his usual black attire, another guy following behind him with a gun strapped to his waist. The only one with any sort of emotion out of the three was Rhys, who only seemed to know what a smirk was.

Arden stopped breathing the second they walked in, he hurled himself into a corner of the ring upon seeing them.  The tattoos and row of guns said more than enough than to stay away from them.

I kissed my teeth, jumping out of the ring as I slowly approached him. "Keeping tabs on where I hang around now?"

Rhys laughed, turning to the gun-strapped guy in a 'get a load of this guy', before placing his eyes back on me. "I think we're past that." His hoarse voice laughed.

My eyes narrowed at him with both concern and resentment, before I spat out to him, "Past that? I thought we were past with the fake names too, Armaros."

Rhys chuckled, shrugging his shoulders before he grabbed a chair to take a seat. "C'mon can't let people know my real name, fastest id I could snatch."

I sighed, shaking my head at him. "Leave her alone, it's to do with me."

Rhys turned to me. "What? I'm happy my brother finally has something to keep him happy."  He then tapped his chin as he looked around the room, mock-thinking as he then formed an 'Aha!' Expression before he placed a hand on mine. "I'm still asking for that ring."

"I told you already," I muttered to him in an irritated tone. "I don't have it!"

Rhys let out a small sigh, almost like he could catch a lie as he paced around the room in a small circle. He brought his gun out as he sketched a scar on his hand before he nodded his head towards me. Almost like he was torturing me with the many memories his scars had put us both through. "Nah, you're right." He agreed before he added, "You do remember Dad though?"