𝟐𝟐.

𝐋𝐞𝐨

last night...

I think I may freeze to death tonight when I go to sleep because Iza's bedroom floor is offering to turn me into a human ice popsicle. When I agreed to share a bedroom with Iza I was not expecting the central heating to suddenly stop working. To make matters worse, I'm sleeping near the window. 

I pulled the blanket up and wrapped it around me as I looked around. I haven't seen much of Iza's room until now, I've never hanged out here due to the fact that Iza screams at me if I ever take a step into her room. I don't think she really enjoys my company, which is a shame because I would be such great company to her. 

After spending most of my time, for the past three days, with her I have to admit that I do enjoy having her as a company. I think we could be good friends if we ever tried. 

Sure, I did steal her ring before but maybe if I returned it and explained to her why I stole it she would understand- Fuck, what am I saying? I can't tell her why I stole her ring. I would represent the equivalent of a payaso if I ever told her. 

I know for a fact that she would make fun of me for it. But maybe telling her to see her laugh is worth it. 

My eyes wandered around her room, enjoying the freedom of finally being able to see what Iza's room looked like. I've heard that she does a lot of paintings, but her room doesn't seem to have much of them except for the one in the corner. I squinted my eyes, due to not being able to see properly in the dim light of this room, my vision made out a pale blue background along with a few clouds in the corners of the canvas. I furrowed my eyebrows, I wonder what that painting means. The many paint brushes and acrylic paint tubes that were stacked up beside the canvas told me that she put a lot of work into whatever that painting was and that it meant something to her, but I just couldn't get what it was. 

I don't really know her that well, but I wanted to. 

I turned my gaze towards Iza, she was in a tank top and sweatpants, wrapping a blanket around herself as she sits on the bed. Her phone was in her hand whilst the other clutched to the blanket that she had wrapped around her. I examined her for a while, hoping she doesn't catch me being a creep as I stare at her. 

I cleared my throat. "You good?" I asked, watching Iza's gaze lower to the ground. 

"Yeah, I am. Why are you asking?" She asked, unable to make eye contact with me. 

I let out a dry laugh, a humorous smile forming on my face as I propped myself up on my elbows. The way she lies so easily really gets me. "You're a good liar, Iza, but fortunately not good enough to pass me." 

Iza placed her phone down in her lap, her phone providing me with enough light to see the confused expression on her face. "What are you saying?"

She was still avoiding eye contact with me. I sat up, running my hand through my hair before I spoke up, "I told you before, you bite your lip and avoid eye contact with me when you're nervous." I leaned back onto the wall behind me, trying not to creep her out by staring at her. She just looked too fucking pretty

I tried my best not to shiver as the wind from fucking Antarctica blew down onto me from the window. "You don't seem okay either,"  I added, focusing more on her face. 

Iza's lip thinned as she took a glance to the side and closed her eyes for a few seconds. "I'm fine." She mumbled under her breath, disrupting the sudden awkward silence between us. 

I shook my head and responded immediately, "You don't look like it." 

"Well, then stop fucking look at me." Iza snapped back, her gaze meeting mine for a split second before she averted her eyes to the painting I had been thinking about earlier. She spoke up again but this time her voice was quiet and soft, "I don't want to talk about feelings, Leo."