𝟏𝟔.

𝐈𝐳𝐚

Leo stopped in front of the house, he didn't cut down the engine of the car. I turned to him, a confused expression on my face, I couldn't see much because it was dark in the car but I'm pretty sure he was looking at me. "I'm going to have to go meet with the band now." He said, answering my questionable stare.

"And you are going to go in that suit?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's not really any of your concern, Iza," Leo replied, scoffing.

"Fine," I muttered, placing my hand on the car handle before I pushed it open, I paused and let out a deep breath. "Today wasn't too bad, Leo," I mumbled. "Thanks for being a good fake boyfriend."

"No problem, squirrel," Leo responded, slight mischief leaking through his voice.

I shook my head and let out a sigh. "How many times-"

"No point in scolding me when you know I'm going to say it again." Leo interrupted, cutting me off. I glared at him and stepped out of the car, closing the door shut as I proceeded to walk to the front door of the house.

Nala tried to jump onto me the moment, I walked in. She lightly scratched at my legs whilst I was locking the door, she meowed and scratched again and again until I picked her up. After bringing her into my arms, she snuggled into me and let out a small purr. A smile broke out on my face as I walked my way into the kitchen.

But that's when I saw Aran.

He was resting his head on the table and as I edged closer I noticed how still he was. It almost seemed like he wasn't breathing. My breathing slowly turned shallow as I noticed the white powder on the table. There is powder on the table and he is so still, as still as a dead person. Oh my God.

I put Nala down and rushed to him, stumbling in my heels. I put two fingers on his neck and checked for a pulse. I waited for a few seconds, but nothing. There was no beat. My heart started to throb heavily, as I clutched my chest and took in a few shallow breaths.

My heart is beating but his isn't. Oh my God. Oh my God. No, not this again. Not again.

Panic forced itself into me and switched down my brain. I'm moving and breathing but not thinking, my brain has been immobilised. Fear crept over me like a hungry beast and devoured my thoughts, not allowing me to think straight.

I can't think, I can't do anything. I'm drowning in my emotions all over again. I'm sixteen all over again.

His wrist, maybe his heart just skipped a beat. With shaking fingers, I took his hand and pressed two fingers onto his wrist. I waited and waited, it seemed like a decade when I finally caught a beat.

A heartbeat.

He's alive.

Relief rushed through me like a huge crashing wave, I clutched my chest and started to gently shake him, "Aran," I urged, my voice soft before it turned to shaky yells.

He didn't wake up at first but after a few more shakes he snorted and suddenly sat up. He let out a huge groan once he opened his eyes, he covered the kitchen light from his eyes with one hand whilst the other reached into his back pocket. "Am I in heaven? If so why are the lights so fucking bright- ow!"

I pinched his arm, raising my eyebrows at him before folding my arms. "Aran."

Aran picked out a pair of pink heart sunglasses and put them on, pushing the glasses up the bridge of his nose with one finger. Before ignoring me, his eyebrows lowered and his mouth formed into a small circle before he abruptly stood up, attempting to walk away.