Chapter 24

[𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐕]

It was morning. The three of us wakes up and Paimon first speaks to us.

"Inazuma's not such a bad place, Paimon's having a pretty good time! But... we should probably go and see about the 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 that Thoma and Ayaka were talking about right?"

I then reply to her.

"It is still early in the morning but yeah, we should head over to the Komore Teahouse."

"Yep! It's the first stop as usual come on let's go!"

Me and Lumine follow Paimon on the way to the Komore Teahouse.

[𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩]

When we arrived, I first notice that the place is a little quiet.

"Strange... it's never been this quiet."

We heard Taroumaru barking at us.

"Woof, woof... woof!"

Paimon soon speaks to us.

"Thoma's playing with his ventriloquist(role playing) game again huh?"

"Whatever, Thoma... Thoma!?" Paimon shouted.

Toroumaru continued barking at us.

"Woof, woof....woof!"

"Hey, you can come out now, Paimon's seen you already..."

"Huh, not a peep ugh, so where the hell is he then?"

"Woof, woof....woof!"

"What's got Toroumaru so worked up today? He's always such a good boy." Paimon stated.

I then place my hand on my chin and reply to her.

"I think Toroumaru is telling us something, although we couldn't understand what he's saying."

All of a sudden, the door burst open as Ayaka hurriedly went inside and approached us.

"Hello, sorry for the noise I cause, but have you three seen Thoma?"

"No, Paimon thought that he'd be with you! Why, has something happened?"

"Then it is as I feared... On the way here I heard that Thoma had been taken away by the Tenryou Commission."

"I wasn't certain if whether it was true, so I came right here. The fact that he hasn't arrived here as we arranged, suggests that it is true."

"The Raiden Shogun is holding the Vision Hunt Ceremony at the Statue of the Omnipresent God today, to mark the 100th vision seized under the Decree."

"And the 100th vision bearer in question...the one who will have their vision seized, I fear...is Thoma."

"Hold up a second...so the 𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑦 that Thoma said that the Tenryou Commission was busy preparing for...that was this Vision Hunt Decree ceremony? And he was the target all along?" Paimon asked Ayaka.

Ayaka soon nodded.

"I believe so... The Shogun and the Tenryou Commission see the ceremony as a milestone. With the 100th Vision, they wish to mark the success of the Vision Hunt Decree to date.

"This cannot happen! I must go and rescue him."

𝑆𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒?

𝐼𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑑.

𝑀𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙𝑙.

Before she was about to turn and burst the door open again, I grab her shoulder and speak to her.

"Calm down Ayaka."

"Yeah! Like it or not, you represent the whole Yashiro Commission. If you represent a stunt like that, you're basically declaring you and the Raiden Shogun to be enemies now, right?"

Me and Lumine then nodded at Paimon.

Although I don't mind if me and the Raiden Shogun would become enemies but alas, my thoughts are not important right now.

I then speak to her.

"Also by doing it publicly, you might be implicating a lot of other people from the Yashiro Commission too..."

"There's no other option... I must act with haste. The ceremony is about to begin. I will not abondon Thoma like this."

"He is my friend." Ayaka said.

"We're his friends too. We will save him right Y/N?"

I nod along.

"But..."

When Ayaka was about to speak again, I then cut her off.

"You said it yourself...there's no time to delay."

She was silent for a second but then nodded.

"Okay... I'll wait here for your return. Get back safely."

The three of us nodded.

I put on my kitsune mask and tugged my hoodie as we rushed towards where the Vision Hunt Decree ceremony is declaring.

[𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩]

We joined the crowd and see Thoma being captive by the two Shogunates.

As I turned my gaze on the Omnipresent Statue I was so shocked that I can't move to what I am seeing.

𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟...

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠.

𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠.

𝑁𝑜, 𝑛𝑜, 𝑛𝑜, 𝑛𝑜, 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑎 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒.

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑟𝑜 𝑎𝑟𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑚 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑠...

𝑀𝑦 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟!?