XIX.

-

3rd Person's POV

"So, what happened? Can you take her? Will you bring her to me?" IU chuckled and nodded.

"I can, but not now. Someone is guarding his house and I couldn't find a way to get in. Don't worry, dongsaeng. I'll give her to you myself."

He nodded and smiled widely. He's clapping his hands happily and went to his sister, hugging her tight. IU just laughed and pat his shoulder.

"Thank you, noona! You're the best! Please, give her to me. I wanna have her immediately!"

IU nodded and looked at her brother, "don't worry, I'll bring her here."

"Now just be patient and trust your sister, Kookie."

Mina's POV

"Is it necessary to sleep with you? I mean, I agreed that we'll gonna live together until that unknown guy isn't found yet. I don't even know that sleeping with you is required for my protection."

Y/N sat down on the couch and crossed her arms. She's been asking me if sleeping beside me is necessary and my answer will always remain yes.

It's part of her protection and I wanna hug her all night that's why it is required to sleep with me.

"Yeah, it is required. If you sleep beside me, I can assure you that no one can abduct you while we're asleep. In fact, that guy knows you and probably knows where you live, I wanna keep your safety." I explained, she just scoffed and shake her head.

"What do you want from me, Mina-ssi?" She looked at me.

"I am just a normal student in our school but you care for me so much. What's the matter with you, huh? Why do you act like that?" I smiled, innocently smile specifically as I approached her and sat down beside her.

"Why do I act like this? Do you want me to be honest with you?" I softly asked, Y/N sighed before nodding her head.

"Yes, be honest with me."

I smiled, "I'm acting like this because I wanna protect you. I wanna protect you from that guy, from everyone who wants to harm you."

I uttered, thinking it was the safest answer for Y/N not to know about what I feel. I do love her that's why I'm protecting her.

"Why are you protecting me, Mina-ssi?" I sighed.

Maybe this is the right time... She thought.

"Because I like you, Y/N-ah. I like you very much and I promise myself that I'll protect you no matter what happens."

3rd Person's POV

"What?! She confessed already?! No, no! This can't be happening! I should've confessed first... I should've confessed first!" He mumbled repeatedly like a madman losing his mind.

His sister, IU, is just looking at him in pity. She told him that Mina already confessed to his beloved.

How did IU know?

Well, let's just say she has these various connections. She can know what's your secret if she wants to.

"Calm down, Kookie. Your anger is rising again." IU softly said and rubbed his back in a comforting manner.

He smiled at the gesture and looked up to his sister, "thank you, noona. Thank you for all of these."

IU just nodded, Kookie sighed and laid his head on his arms, and closed his eyes. As he fell asleep on his sister's comforting touch, IU walked away with a victory smile on her lips.

Sorry, Kookie. But I guess we have to fight about that mere girl. Maybe our parents are correct, you are a monster but I am the devil herself.