Chapter 1

Jungkook pov

In a few weeks it'll be my nineteenth birthday. I am what people would call as an old soul. A few weeks after my birthday I'll will be transitioning out of the foster care and into my first apartment.

My foster parents, Rose and hoseok, who have been wonderful to me for the past 5  and a half years have arranged for me to rent an apartment above garage at Rose's parents' home. This way I will live an independent life while staying close to the only family I have had in a very long time.

Because I have been a ward of the court for the past few years, the "system" will supplement my income through college and pay for tution as well.

I could have opted to move out on my 18th birthday but my foster parents invited me to stay with them for one more year and being an only child who embraced this busy, hectic and crazy house full of laughter and love and great food, I was happy they invited me to stay the extra year.

I have been in care since I was 9. My mom committed suicide and that led to my already troubled father falling completely off the rails, landing me into foster care system.

His partying and gambling got progressively worse. My dad tried to move me in with his sister, one night after he got beat up pretty bad right in front of me by loan sharks, but my aunt refused and that too in front of me. Not only did she refuse but she then called social services after coming to the apartment to argue with him because of the way Dad and I were living. They took custody of me so that he could get his life together but he never actually did manage to do that long enough to get me back. I was better off in care anyway, especially after I met Rose and Hoseok.

My dad didn't seem like he care much about me. He would go long periods of time without seeing me then he would turn up for a visit and tell me that he was doing better. Over the past 9+ years, he would get my hopes up and then let me down and disappear for many months at a time. I stopped having expectations from him a long time ago.

I've been through a few different foster homes but Rose and hoseok has been the most nurturing of all. I moved here when I was 13 and m happy I met them, they always go out of their way to make us feel like real home. They're amazing people. I hope to repay them someday.

I m starting in school in the fall for social work so i can make a difference in the lives of other kids who might otherwise fall between the cracks.

I wouldn't say I'm a model student Or model foster child I've gotten caught sneaking out to go to parties. I've skipped school a few times. I've gotten drunk and high and I'm not a virgin. But i m not a slut and I'm not a bad person. I know what I want from life and I'm grateful for the blessings I have.

I miss my mom. I still don't know why she killed herself. I wouldn't say she was a happy person and maybe her unhappiness ran deeper than i knew. I also don't know why my Dad couldn't seem to pull his life together. Even though he was never together before she died, he was really really messed up afterwards.

I don't know how often he checks it but I've sent him a Facebook message to tell him about high school grad. I'm not counting on him making it. He has never made it to any school plays, birthday parties, or anything else that I've asked him to come to. When dad shows up it's generally very random. I don't know why I sent him an invite but I guess I've never totally given up on him. I've always tried to believe that people are redeemable.

So this was the first chapter... It was like an introduction to jungkook's character.. About his life , parents and foster parents and what kind of a person he is.

Hope u guys like it.

See u guys 💕