Chapter 25

Taehyung pov

My phone rang, interrupting a meeting --- a meeting that was dragging on enough as it was and I didn't need something else slowing it down.

It was Sejin hyung.I declined the call.

Then I got a sinking feeling about Jungkook. I had seen him in my bed that morning and it'd stirred something in me that I couldn't put my finger on. He'd been asleep in my shirt, the blankets kicked off, giving me a raging hard-on.

He'd been on my side of the bed,snuggled in to my pillow.

I wondered if the only reason he stayed cuddled up against me at night instead of rolling away was because I was on his preferred side of the bed. But seeing him in my shirt just hit me hard. I had to stop myself from climbing on top of him. I got a quick shower and had left before he woke up.

I was about to call back and then hyung called again.

"Excuse me," I said to Jimin and to the three men I was sitting with, brokering a deal for a very lucrative upcoming construction project. I answered and stepped away, "What is it?"

"That boy just spent twenty five minutes crying on my shoulder like his life was over. He won't talk, just keeps crying. What are you doing to him?"

The fuck?

I ended the call without a word. For fuck sakes. Few people in the world dared talk to me that way. Unfortunately, Sejin hyung was one of them.

My head was barely in the rest of the meeting. Thankfully, Jimin picked up the slack. By the time it was over I knew that Sejin hyung and Jungkook would be out shopping.I called Chanyeol to check in and make sure everything was okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook pov

Grocery shopping with a tall, mean-looking man and a sweet man who never shut his mouth for more than five seconds was interesting. It broke up the boredom of lying in my torture chamber (AKA his room), at least.

I was quiet, just pushed the cart while Sejin hyung filled it and talked about recipes,about prices, about what was in season, while he asked me questions about what i preferred eating. He told me what Taehyung liked to eat, like I cared.

Chanyeol was on the phone, "Yes, Sir. No, no problems, Sir. Yes, Sir. Right, Sir. Fine,Sir. Bye, Sir."

'Fuck off and die, Sir' I thought to myself or so I thought but I guessed I had actually muttered it aloud and Chanyeol was staring at me with a funny little smile on his face.

I tried to smile back,I guess I kind of liked Chanyeol so far. He seemed nice. He had kind eyes. As kind and nice, I guess, as a guy can be who's helping another guy holding me prisoner.

As my neck was coming around to face forward after smiling at him I saw my foster mother push an empty shopping cart past me.

Rose! She made eye contact briefly, and then kept going. This wasn't her neighborhood.

She glanced back at me and subtly made the sign language sign for toilet.

I knew a bit of sign language because last year we'd had a deaf 16 year old boy live with us for four months.

I waited until we turned another corner and then tried to be nonchalant, "Is there a public washroom in this store?" I asked Sejin hyung, careful not to look at Chanyeol.

He pointed behind us, "Yeah, back by the customer service desk."

"Okay, I'll meet you in ice cream in 5?"