Chapter 29

Taehyung pov

I couldn't believe the fucking screw-up. First, my meeting runs late because I have to watch a couple guys rough up someone who owes us money, like I have time for this shit, but then I find out that my brother fucking took Jungkook. The gate guard that replaced Mark had some fucking stomach problem. Tino was at the front gate but then there was an emergency with a shipment that was coming and a few guys dropped by and swapped out Mark's brother Tino with a newbie who just had to man the fucking gate waiting for the other guy to come back. I called Chanyeol and told him to get over there and straighten this shit out.

My brother heard that I've told Pop I'm running late and I'm not sure if we can make it and he conspires with my sister to make sure they get their claws into Jungkook so Jin swings by my house and it's miraculously during the period the inexperienced guy is there and my brother proceeds to bully the guy into letting him take Jungkook to my Pop's.

He works for us but isn't in the inner circle so doesn't know the rules for handling Jungkook. All he knows is he's watching the gate for a minute and my brother wants to give my fiance a ride. The guy's phone is dead so he tells him he's gotta confirm it's okay but Jin starts getting pissy about running late and does he really think he shouldn't take his own future brother-in-law to me?

He lets him take Jungkook. The other guy comes back and find out. After I get off the phone I see I missed a text from Jisoo telling me not to worry about Jungkook ; that Jin has gone to get him. I piece everything together as my guy at the house is phoning. Jungkook's not answering his phone and then I finally get a hold of my brother.Two minutes after I get off the phone with him,he is calling me and telling me that Jungkook took off on him, and left his engagement ring in the fucking car.

I heard his voice in my head, how he ended that call with me saying, "Goodbye, Taehyung."

Fuck! Not only has he taken off without the ring that has the damn GPS in it but the anonymous note we got is nagging at me. Heads are gonna damn well roll!

~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook pov

I got to a mall two blocks from that bakery and finally found one of the few remaining pay phones in the world and I was debating between calling Suzy and calling Rose. I was freaking out. I turned the stupid iPhone off and dropped it in a garbage bin a block from the mall.

I decided to call my Aunt to ask where my father was. I called directory assistance and they connected me.

It started ringing and then there was a scratchy sounding, "Hello?"

"Aunt, it's me, Jungkook" I felt shaky but tried to keep my voice steady.

Dead air.

"Aunt, I'm really sorry to bother you. I know you don't talk to him muchbut it's imperative that I find my father. Like life or death kind of thing. Do youhave any idea where I might reach him?"

She sighed, "I have nothing to do with your father, Jungkook. He's a loser. I'msorry to say that, but he is."

"Please; do you have any idea how I can reach him? It's really important."

She sighed, "I have a number,I can give it to you.I don't know if he still use it or not. Note it down xxxxxxxx"

"Thank you."

"Jungkook?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't call me again."

Click.

What a royal bitch.

I called on the number aunt had given me.