Chapter 46

Taehyung pov

Flying colors. He'd passed again. The way he'd handled that was just about perfect. 

He could've hocked the engagement ring and the bracelet to get out of here, get away from me. He had at least $250 in his pocket, too, as I'd given him pocket money for tips. The jewellery would've given him enough money to get gone and possibly even stay gone if he was smart about it. 

He could also have handled things the wrong way, called the cops and reported me missing and involved them or something stupid like that. But he didn't. 

I saw his mind working from a security booth; I knew it'd crossed his mind to run. It was almost like I could see the thought bubbles above his head. 

I could see it in his body language as he chewed his lip, looked around himself, fidgeting with his fingers like he was faced with a dilemma. But he did the right thing. The exact right thing.

He called someone he knew I trusted and got advice. 

There was only one problem. I needed him to misbehave. I needed him to disobey me so I had a reason to punish him. 

I was about to crack. Yeah, it was good to see he could handle an emergency but why I probably really ran this test today was because I knew there would be fall out. I needed fall out.

When he'd put my necklace on me that morning it had floored me, made the reason for my mood swings and my needs so clear to me, and it hadn't even done much good to wear it. 

I was tired, yeah, hadn't had a lot of sleep in the past few nights but I was craving confirmation and release. 

Confirmation that he was really mine and fear that he really wasn't. And sexual release. I was fucking exhausted but had all this unused bottled-up sexual energy. 

Last night didn't help, either, when Ben, the real estate developer I'd met with to talk about a new club here in Vegas, lined up some of his girls for us. I could've taken that one in the red leather dress wearing the bondage collar  but I didn't want her. I'd stared at her, thinking about that collar on my Jungkook. 

But the desire I had to be ice cream shop guy for him was overshadowing things. It was fucking with my head. That, the sheer fucking exhaustion, and the million things going through my head... so I got loaded, feeling sorry for myself instead, which was something I didn't do. 

I needed a release, to get back to feeling in control again. Our limo was out front waiting for us. He got in and then I told the driver to just drive for a while, so we could figure out where we were going next. I closed the privacy glass.

"What happened to you?" He was wide-eyed and his face was filled with relief, relief that I was okay.

I ignored the piercing sensation in my chest at that and I took a deep breath, "I wanted to see what'd happen if something happened to me in a place like this without my security around. You handled it beautifully. If, God forbid, there's a next time don't stand around like a sitting duck for an hour, though."

His mouth dropped open and I started to feel guilty. But I pushed it back.

"If you haven't figured it out already, being with me means you have to think on your feet and think in a certain way. I thought I'd have to coach you on all of this stuff, so you'd know how to handle things, but it's like you were made for this life. Good job, baby boy."

His fingertips shot up to his temples and he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, holding it in for a long time before exhaling. His mouth was still wide open. I waited. He kept his eyes closed and massaged his temples and then his mouth shut, shut tight. I could see him working his jaw muscles by clenching his teeth.