Chapter 4

Jungkook pov

Graduation day. How exciting! Two other boys from Rose and Hoseok's were also graduating so today was a big day at the house. We were all "styled" up. Rose told me I looked like a 25 year old model instead of 19 year old student. I feel like I'm older, anyway. Always have. It was probably because of losing my Mom so young.

                                                      (This is how jungkook look)

It was probably,in part, due to being almost on my own for the better part of a year at almost 9. After Mom died, Dad would leave me alone for hours at a time, sometimes overnight, while he nipped out to run "errands". I learned how to make simple meals at that age, to cook and clean up after myself. At 9, I even paid the electricity bill once when I noticed that there was a disconnection notice taped to our door. It was a rare occasion that my dad's wallet had been full of cash so while he slept off I took the bill and money and paid it. Social services hadn't looked too kindly on it, though, when I told them about it in my interview when they'd come over to check on me after my aunt had called. They'd come home with my aunt and found me at home alone with almost no food in the fridge other than some dried out take out but case of 24 beer in the fridge and nothing but some saltines and beer nuts in the cupboard. Dad was ruined after Mom died. I felt like I had to take care of him back then. Lord knew he couldn't take care of me. I guess that was what made me an old soul, the fact that I had to be.

Anyway, here I was all ready to graduate high school. I didn't know if my Dad would come to my graduation. I doubted he would. I knew rose, hoseok and other social workers would all be there for me and that was okay.

After the ceremony we had a family celebration planned at rose and hoseok's and tonight there was a big dance and after party planned, too. My ex-boyfriend Yugyeom had been sniffing around me all week and I wasn't looking forward to seeing him tonight.

I'd dumped him a month ago because I found out he was selling pot on the side from his gas station job. Yeah sure, I smoked up once in a while but I had no desire to build my future with a guy who would put his future in jeopardy. He was a loser. I didn't like to think of my dad as a loser but in reality, that's what he was. I wasn't about to get tied down with a loser of a boyfriend, too.

(This is yugyeom

(This is yugyeom.. In case anyone doesn't know how he looks)

Yugyeom was trying to win me back. I wanted no part of it. Yugyeom was 22, he was gorgeous and he was a bad boy. I was attracted to the look and the swagger of bad boys, for some reason, but when it all came down to it they'd get dumped as soon as they showed me their true bad boy colors. It sounded dumb, of course, because while I was attracted to them, I didn't want to waste my time on someone going nowhere but downhill.

I thought about the guy that had come into the ice cream parlor I worked at the other day. He'd come in while I was working my last day and he was well dressed, as sexy as a movie star, and carried himself with confidence. He was so tall and strong and 100% grown up male. He was very different from Yugyeom. Older. Somewhere near 30, I figured, and he gave me tummy flutters like I'd never had before. What would it be to date a guy like that? A guy that oozed sex appeal and power? He seemed so together. A man.

As me and my foster friends got ready for our big day, I was deep in thought about the guy, the ice cream parlor hottie. I hadn't stopped thinking about him the past 2 days and the past 2 nights. But that had been my last day at that job so the chances of seeing him again were small. He'd flirted with me but I'd been like a deer in the headlights. I wished I was older, more confident, and that I'd given him my phone number.

Yugyeom texted that he wanted to attend the graduation ceremony but I had only a limited number of tickets to give out for family members and friends and since I had no one but Dad I'd given my extra tickets to the other boys who had other guests, I'd only sent one to my father at his last known address along with the Facebook inbox message and a note to pick his ticket up at the school office if he did get a chance to come.

I was ready for new things. A new place, college in the fall, and new opportunities. Maybe a new guy, too. One who was ready to be a man, not a boy living in 1 bedroom apartment shared with 2 other guys who rotated using the bedroom when they had their partners over with the never - innovative sock on the doorknob as the clue that the room was "in use". Gross. He'd already texted me three times today, trying to get me to agree to 'talk' later on tonight.

As I walked up on the podium to receive my diploma I had the surprise of my life. My Dad, in the audience. Sitting there smiling at me. He sat beside Rose, who was chatting softly to him while snapping pictures of me. Yugyeom was sitting behind my Dad, dressed up and smiling at me. I avoided his gaze, tried not to think about how handsome he looked. Looks weren't everything! Why was he even here? I bet Minjae gave him a ticket, he'd been trying to get us back together.

So... Do u guys like this chapter

Who do you think is ice cream parlor hottie? 🤔🤔

Why is Jungkook's Dad here suddenly 🤔🤔

See u guys in next chapter

💕💕