Chapter 48

Taehyung pov

One of the many great things about Vegas is that it never sleeps and because of that, you can get anything at any hour.

I woke up at 2:40 am and I was starving. He was underneath me, still, and he was awake.I leaned up onto my elbows and looked down at him and assessed his face for a few minutes.

He was looking me right in the eyes; he was looking straight into my soul. But I couldn't read him, "Hungry?" I asked.

We'd skipped dinner. He kept staring at me for a moment, blinking at me like he was stunned or something. Then he gave me a little bit of a nod.

"Let's go find some food," I kissed him on the lips and then got out of bed and into my boxers and headed to the closet for clothes.

He got up and he hurried into the bathroom. I touched the crucifix that sat against my chest and then pulled it back and forth on the chain, deep in thought, waiting for him. He came out a moment later with his hair combed. He'd put little makeup on but he looked rough.

His eyes were puffy from all the crying and his lips looked a bit swollen and bruised. I knew I'd kissed him hard.

His eyes landed briefly on my necklace and then he averted them. I watched him go to the closet and get out a pair of jeans, a black shirt, and a pair of shoes and then he grabbed a pair of boxer briefs and went back into the bathroom and got dressed.

I headed to the other bathroom. I was done before he was. When he came out, he put his phone in his jeans pocket and stood there, staring at the carpet.

I texted Namjoon to tell them that we were going out but that we were good for the night and then I took his hand and we headed out in search of sustenance.We found a restaurant where I ordered corned beef sandwich with fries and a Coke and he softly told the waitress "Same for me."

We'd walked in silence, and then ate in silence, people watching out the window. I caught a glimpse of his throat and it was red from when I'd grabbed him.

It would probably be bruised tomorrow.My gut twisted when I saw that. I looked away and as I did, I caught a young college-aged guy checking Jungkook out from across the restaurant.

I glared at him and he went red in the face and looked the other way. Jungkook saw it happen. He looked back down at his food, which he'd barely touched. 

Then on our way back, as we made our way past the Bellagio's fountains, I saw him stare at it in what looked like appreciation so I stopped and we stood there so he could watch.

His eyes were sad. I felt my heart constrict. 

Fuck, Jungkook. I'm sorry, baby.These words stayed in the middle of my throat. 

I turned him to face me and I caressed his face and stared at him for a minute, trying to say things with my eyes that I couldn't find the words for and after a minute I pulled him in close for a kiss.

His lips parted and he let me kiss him but he didn't really kiss me back. He winced. I think his lips were sore from earlier.

Anyone walking by would've thought we looked like a happy couple in love. Good thing we weren't standing there holding one another with thought bubbles dangling over our heads.

My thought bubble: I'm so sorry, Baby, sorry for what I am, for what I need to do to you. I went too far. I wish I could take it back.

His: I fucking hate you. I hope you die, you rotten to the core animal.