Chapter 27

Jungkook pov

He was still asleep when I woke up. His face was badly scored with long nail marks and his eye looked bruised.

It was 5:20 am. I was tangled up with him, legs, arms, it was odd.

For some reason, we were both on the opposite end of the bed, heads down at the footboard and I was on the side he usually slept on.I rolled away, went to the washroom, put his bathrobe on and went downstairs.

Sejin hyung wasn't up yet. I looked out the stained glass window panes that flanked the front door on both sides and saw a guy out there, sitting by the gate with a tall Starbucks cup in his hand, doing something on his phone. I also saw another guy out back when I looked out the kitchen window.

I made a coffee the way I liked it, and then explored some of the rooms whose doors were open on the main floor. At the end of that hallway I spotted the basement stairs. I decided to go down and see if I could find my belongings.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung pov

When my eyes opened I could smell him on the pillow beside me but he wasn't there.

After I'd gotten in bed and he curled into me I further experimented. I woke up sometime in the night and climbed in at the bottom. He rolled down and curled into me down there, too. I'd wrapped my arms around him and held him tight to me and he burrowed in, letting out a little moan that gave me goose bumps and got me hard. I didn't act on it, though, despite wanting to.

Now I was awake, it was bright, and he wasn't here. I frowned and got out of bed, pulled on a pair of track pants, went to the bathroom, then headed down to the kitchen.

It was 7:45 and Sejin hyung was frying something on the stove, something that didn't smell like breakfast.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I'm making some freezer meals," he said without looking up. Then he did look up and looked at me with shock.

"What?"

"Your face! It looks worse than last night."

I grabbed a silver pan off the counter and turned it over and caught my reflection on the back and sure enough,it looked worse. In addition to a black eye and a slightly fat lip I had nail marks streaked down my cheek, too.

Great. We were expected at Pop's for dinner today.

Hyung's face changed and I didn't need to be a mind-reader to know he was thinking I deserved it.

"Where is he?" I asked.

Sejin hyung shook his head blankly, "He's not up yet."

"He's what?"

I practically flew to the front door and hollered for Mark and Jackson and we soon figured out they hadn't seen him. My blood was about to boil, "Where the fuck is he?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook pov

In the basement I found a huge man-cave room with pool table, pingpong table, a pinball game, home theatre and a long fully-stocked bar, as well as a home gym with every piece of workout equipment I'd ever heard of plus a sauna and bathroom.

There was also a big storage room lined with shelves. The storage room was empty except for my few boxes . I opened the boxes and started going down memory lane.

Report cards, post cards, boxes of clothes, books, CDs. I have a photo album that belonged to my mom. I felt an overwhelming surge of emotion for my Mom. I didn't know who some of the people in the photos were. I sat down and flipped through the book and in the back there were a few loose photos that I'd seen before. I looked through them and one was a photo of my mother when she was younger, and a young guy, both dressed up and they were holding hands.