Chapter 40

Jungkook pov

I woke up hearing music playing. I sat up. Taehyung was sitting at the back of the loft, denim-clad legs dangling out the opened doors, a guitar in his arms. 

The sun was setting over the pond and the sky was a brilliant orange. The view was dazzling. Seeing his strong naked back and hearing the strumming made for an even more beautiful view.I got up and threw my t-shirt over my head and off and on top of my jeans that laid on the floor beside my flip flops, which he must have gone and fetched for me, then I put his discarded shirt on, did up the buttons, then moved to where he was. 

I sat on the floor behind him, putting my legs on either side of his hips so that my calves were over the edge, and I rested my cheek on his bare back. He continued to play and I recognized the tune. 

At my worst by Pink Sweats . 

He played beautifully, soulfully. The sky, the sounds, the smell of the warm air, the smell of him, feeling his warm smooth skin under my cheek, I was inexplicably glad that I was here with him. I actually felt free for a moment. 

                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung pov

I knew it'd been brewing since before Mexico but today sealed it for me. I wanted him to want to be mine so bad I was willing to do just about anything to get him there. I wanted to take all the things that were fucked up in his life and erase them. I wanted to reboot our relationship. I wanted to make the sun set and rise for him. I wanted to protect him. I wanted him to love me.

I'd never felt this way before. It created fear and a fierce protective instinct in me that I'd never before experienced, but right now his body against me, watching the setting sun...this was it. This was all I needed. 

He'd come to me on his own and put his arms around me again, just like how he'd done in the shower the other night. This was what I wanted. This. Not more money, not more power, just this. 

It was like I'd been missing something in my life that I didn't know I was missing until him. I wanted to dole out pain and punishment all the time. All the fucking time. But today he wanted pain from me. It was beautiful to me to see that and meant I didn't want to give it to him. I made him want something from me, something only I could give him. He didn't even name what he wanted from me and I didn't want to give it a name, either. I just knew it was so satisfying --- even more than I'd expected. 

I wanted this time away to be different but I knew soon we'd go back to exploring his willingness to travel down darker corridors with me. Right now, I just wanted him to relax and forget everything he'd been upset about. I wanted him to feel safe, to enjoy being with me. I wanted that and I wanted him to want what only I could give him.

I put my guitar down and looked ahead. He was still behind me, his legs on either side of mine, and his cheek on my back. His arms came around my waist and he flattened his palms against me, the right one across my abdomen, and the left across my chest.