Chapter 32

Jungkook pov

When I woke up, I got panicked. Then I realized where I was.

Well, I didn't know where I was, exactly, but he was still beside me so I settled down. He was laying there looking at me. He pulled me to him and his mouth touched the top of my head. He looked exhausted, like he still hadn't slept.He still looked rough, too, with the shiner I'd given him, bruised lip, and the scratches still on his face.

I settled my head against his chest and closed my eyes, trying to tell my heart to settle down. The sun was up and the room was filled with light. I looked around.It was a pretty bedroom . The whole room was white and filled with white furniture. The only splash of color was a vase of fresh pink, yellow, and orange daisy-like flowers on the dresser and a black suitcase opened and sitting on a table. I closed my eyes and focused on the steadiness of his heartbeat feeling strange, feeling cared for.

"You should sleep a bit longer. We got in really late," he said.

I nodded, thinking he was right, because those days in that basement I think I only slept 20 winks at a time, but a few minutes later it was probably obvious that I wasn't falling back to sleep right now. I was laying on him staring off into space. He took my hand in his and pulled it toward him kissing each knuckle. Then he leaned over a little and took a phone off the nightstand and dialed a number, "Hey,Can you have someone put the breakfast outside the door? Tell them to knock when they bring it but no disturbing us. Ask my brother what time the flight is." He held the phone for a minute and then said, "Right." Then he hung up.

I went to move away, thinking he was getting up but his grip tightened on me. He buried his nose into my hair. We stayed there for another few minutes just holding one another until a brief knocking on the door was heard.

He got up, walked to the suitcase in his underwear and got into a clean pair of army green colored cargos, and then stepped into the hall. I got up with the duvet wrapped around me and leaned over the suitcase and pulled out some clothes that had been packed for me.

I glanced in the top flap of the suitcase and there was a toiletry bag as well with hairbrush, deodorant, razor and my own toothbrush. There were two other changes of clothes and two pairs of shoes ---a pair of my sneakers and my bunny flip flops.

I took an armful of things into the bathroom to get dressed and try to make myself presentable. As I passed the door I saw his guns and knife on the nightstand. He came back in with a big covered breakfast-in-bed type tray. I got dressed, brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, and washed my face.When I came back out he was sitting on the bed tapping away at his phone. I sat down. He wandered into the bathroom and came out wearing the khaki tshirt I'd slept in.

He looked at me warmly, "Eat something, baby."

I smiled a little and nodded. I lifted the tray's lid and there were fruit, muffins, pastries, bread and butter, cream cheese, and jam. There was also a cup of coffee, milk and a jug of orange juice.

"Juice?" I asked him.

"Yes please."

I passed him a glass of juice. I sat on the wicker chair placed in the room and looked out the window. We were in a woodsy area so the only thing to look at was the trees.

"I'm putting you on a plane in a few hours with Jimin," he said, not looking up at me, "I'll be taking care of a few things and then I'll be home later tonight or maybe early tomorrow."

"Okay." I said.

Then he looked up and while I was still looking out the window I knew that he was watching me. I didn't look in his eyes because I was afraid of what I'd see. I knew in my gut that he was sticking around for revenge reasons. He cleared his throat, "I need to go downstairs and organize a few things. You okay for a bit?"