Chapter 30

Jungkook pov

I heard a loud bang. Oh God, that was Chanyeol shooting at Taehyung! Taehyung hit the ground, half way behind his car, took out his gun, and fired it in our direction. Chanyeol fired back at him and his gun hit the ground. I saw a man come up from around the back of the house and Chanyeol shot him. I was dragged backwards past the gate and tossed into the back seat of a car. I heard a few more shots.

There were two men in the car with Chanyeol and me. What on earth? Chanyeol had a gunshot wound in his shoulder. Were they rescuing me? I looked at him confused. He leaned over in the back seat of the car, wincing.

"Are you rescuing me?" I asked.

The driver spoke, "Be quiet. All will be revealed."

They drove to the airport. The airport? I was ushered into a big white plane with no lettering.

"Are you rescuing me, Chanyeol?" I asked again. One guy ripped Chanyeol's shirt sleeve off and was inspecting the wound on his shoulder.

"Good, there's an exit wound." He reported and pulled out a first aid kit.

Chanyeol closed his eyes and shook his head as the door to the plane was closed,"Dont be afraid, Jungkook."

One guy pulled a gun and put it on his lap, giving me a look that shook me to my core. Oh no.

"What?" All the air left my lungs.

"Kims have enemies," the guy working on Chanyeol's arm said,glancing up at me, "a lot of enemies. The fiance of Kim Taehyung is an extremely valuable commodity."

"Chanyeol?"

Why did I keep looking to him? He'd been sort of nice to me. He was working for Taehyung's enemies? Was Taehyung dead after those gunshots? He glanced in my direction, pain on his face.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Mexico" he answered.

Oh no. I'd heard stories about Mexico. Heck, Taehyung had warned me about human slavery in Mexico. I closed my eyes, dread filling my veins.

"No more questions. Buckle up! Behave and you can sit there in the comfy seat. Act up and you'll be tossed in a sack with tape over your mouth!"one of the man said.

I was handed a bottle of water, which I accepted with trembling hands. The guy with the first aid kit continued to clean up Chanyeol's arm. I was petrified of what could be coming next.

~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung pov

Chanyeol's first shot missed me by miles and I knew that was just a warning shot because he was an ace with that gun and if he wanted I'd be dead by now. The second shot knocked my gun right out of my hand but I was fine.

When Chanyeol had Jungkook against him the only safe place for me to shoot for was his head, since he was more than a foot taller than him. I aimed for it but caught his shoulder instead. It wasn't enough to take him down. Then I tried to shoot out the tires on the getaway car but I missed.He's worked for us for fourteen years and he was the one of those who actually taught me to shoot, for fuck sakes. He's been solid enough that he made it to the inner circle.He was trusted. I don't understand what just happened and i have no idea who he's working for and where he's taken my Jungkook.

But I'll find out.We only bring men into the inner circle who have families. It's a collateral thing.It increases the chances they'll stay loyal because they have a family at stake and their families are brought into the fold. But Chanyeol's wife died of Cancer last year and his son died in a motorcycle accident three months ago. He's a man with nothing to lose. If he hadn't been solid all the way he'd have been put somewhere else but I had no reason to doubt him. I've known the man since I was a kid.