Epilogue

Jungkook pov

2 Weeks Later...

I woke up and my head was on his chest, on his right peck and in my line of vision was ink on his left peck. I lifted up on an elbow and looked closer. It was surrounded by skin that was reddish, a tiny bit swollen-looking due to being new. It was shiny, probably with some sort of ointment, and it was beautiful.

He'd gotten in last night late, after I'd been asleep. Over his heart was a tattoo of my name and it looked like my own handwriting, like I'd drawn my name on him.

A lump formed in my throat and tears started to fill my eyes. His eyes opened and he saw what my focus was on. He looked at me lovingly and caressed my cheek.

"The forgiveness you've shown me for all I've done to you, Jungkook? It means everything," his voice was sleepy, sweet, "You've written your name on my heart so I wanted it visible. I saw the artist who did my other ink. I think he integrated it all really well."

"It's beautiful, Tae."

He kissed my cheek, kissing a tear away, "The way you trace my ink all the time after we make love, I want you tracing your name on me, too. So I had it written just the way you'd do it. Went through your boxes to get a writing sample. I'm branded. You own me, Jungkook. Body and soul."

"Will you marry me?" I asked, through tears, looking at my Ice Cream parlor hottie, my dream man.

Every time he gave me a boxy smile I thought it was the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen. But right then, laying together in the little bed in the hayloft where I'd truly fallen in love with him, he gave me the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen yet and then he said, "I'll think about it."

I scrunched my nose up at him and he leaned over and kissed my nose.

Later that morning we drove back to the city to finish packing our things. We were starting over somewhere else. We didn't want to live in the house Baekhyun bought, the house that I now knew was bought because it was my own mother's dream house.

Baekhyun's distorted entitlement put all this in motion and we wanted nothing to do with it. We were going to Daegu and taking some time for one another before the family came to meet us for our wedding.

I went into the kitchen and Sejin hyung handed me a cup of coffee. When I took a sip I could swear there was not a grain of sugar in it. My eyes narrowed at him and he gave me a sly smile and turned around and resumed packing a box of dishes. I was about to reach for the sugar but noticed the sugar bowl had already been packed away. I sat down at the island and decided to see if I could live without my 3 sugars. I took a second sip and really, it wasn't all that bad.

We planned to get married a month after Taehyung's father died. We were doing it in Daegu with Taehyung's siblings, Bambam, Namjoon, Amy and Nino, Sejin hyung, Lisa, and all the kids. Taehyung and I are moving there and starting over. 

I haven't said goodbye to my old friends and my old life. I just can't go there right now. It's too raw and I'm too different. My friends are in college, dating, working part-time jobs. I've changed so much in the last few months. 

Maybe someday I'll go back and see them. Or maybe it's better to just move forward. I wrote Rose and Hoseok hyung a letter, it was vague but heartfelt. I mailed it to them before we left.

Jimin's taken the company over and he's going to transition it into something clean and wholesome and then he says he's going to sell it and become a commercial airline pilot. That's what he dreamt of ever since he was a small child.