Chapter 55

Taehyung pov

The last few days had been just what I needed, a bubble with just him and I, mostly. I was finding a way to blend my work life with my relationship with him. Things with work were going well, smooth. And I was thinking about our wedding, a honeymoon, about the future. 

I hated that we'd soon have to leave our bubble. I was putting it off. I was putting a lot of things off. 

Here I was putting talking to him about his Dad and my Pop again with breakfast but before I pricked the bubble with a pin I wanted a few more moments of peace, to show him what life could sometimes be. It was like I was trying to fortify things before bursting the bubble or something. 

I used to help my mother make breakfast on Sunday mornings before she got sick. Breakfast was the only cooking I'd done. Really, she'd only let me handle the cracking of the eggs and the putting bread in the toaster as I was just a kid but it made me want to learn how to do breakfast so when I lived on my own for the first time I mastered the art of breakfast. I'd had burnt pans and smoke alarms going off at first but I'd gotten there eventually. 

Before Jungkook , if I wasn't slammed with work, I'd make it for myself and sit alone and eat it as I read the paper as Sejin hyung was always off on Sundays. 

I wanted to make making Jungkook's breakfast on Sunday mornings part of our tradition together as a couple. Someday our kids would be part of it, too. Sundays were important in my family, always had been, and I wanted that for when me and Jungkook had kids. Breakfast with us, dinner with the whole family. He'd be a good parent.

I had things to figure out, still, but I was confident that I'd get to where I needed to be with the business, with ensuring I'd eliminated threats but I wasn't so sure in one area. Sex. I wasn't clear how that'd be managed. 

I was loving all the vanilla we'd been having, surprisingly, but that might've been because of the guilt I felt about Vegas. 

How long before I wanted more flavor? How long until something tipped me over the edge of frustration and I took it out on him? How did I get what I needed without hurting my relationship with him? Better yet,how could I make myself not need it? 

He loved the pancakes. He ate everything on his plate and declared I was making breakfast for him as often as possible. I told him I'd do Sunday breakfast from now on and he asked if he'd be getting a repeat performance the next day, since it was a Sunday.

I agreed and couldn't bring myself to ruin the day with talk about the dark shit in my head, the shit I was dealing with regarding his father and my father. I needed to do it soon, though. I was at a dead end with the PI and needed some answers from him. He didn't ask about what I wanted to talk about but he broached another topic.

"Umm..." he said, after he loaded the dishwasher. I'd been sitting at the kitchen island reading the paper and finishing my coffee.I looked up from the paper and waited.He was looking a little nervous.

"What's up?"

I put the paper down and showed him he had my full attention.

"I've been doing some reading."

I waited. He looked at the ceiling and then summoned some courage.

"About dominants and submissives and I was wondering if maybe..."

This oughta be good...I jerked my chin up to encourage him to continue.

"Maybe we should outline some things. Like they did in Fifty Shades of Grey; they had a contract of guidelines and safe words and..."