Chapter 22

Taehyung pov

I woke up first in the morning and he was wrapped around me, his head on my chest, his left hand under my shoulder blade and his right arm draped around me.

I'd overslept and had an early meeting to dash to. I rolled away and got the comforter from the floor and wrapped it around him.

His eyes opened and for a split second he stared at me dreamily. Then it was as if he realised who I was and who I wasn't. His expression dropped and his eyes frosted over. I felt a pang in my chest but I pushed it away.

"See you later,kook. Be good." I tucked him in and kissed his forehead.

Then I headed to the shower. He was buried under blankets as I came out of shower so he was either asleep or hiding from me. I got dressed in the walk-in closet and then left the room.

** ** **

I called Sejin hyung at noon, "What's he doing?"

"He's in bed."

"Still?"

"Mmm hmm," he sounded judgmental, "Red eyes. Won't talk."

"I'll be home at 6 to pick him up and take him out. Make sure he's ready."

"Yes, Sir." His reply was laced with sarcasm.

I hung up. Fucking Sejin hyung thought he had a right to interfere. I waved at the barista to bring me a refill.

~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook pov

Sejin hyung was standing over me and telling me I had to get up and get dressed. He had a garment bag draped over his arm and was holding two department store bags, too.

"You and Tae have a date tonight." he beamed at me, "I've run you a bath.Go bath, and then I'll help you get ready with your hair and make-up. I'll get some tea bags to get the puffiness out of those eyes.

He left the room and I slowly got to my feet. I got a head rush.

I wandered into the bathroom. I couldn't sit in the bath. It was hot. Too hot for my sore ass and it'd definitely make my scraped up knees hurt, too. Just as I was about to climb in the shower stall, he rushed into the bathroom and stopped in his tracks when he saw my naked rear end.

"Do you mind?" I breathed, grabbing a towel and covering myself.

His face contorted, "Who did that to you? Was that---" he stopped and his hand covered his mouth.

I didn't answer him.

I got into the stall and shut the door. He left in a huff.

Rule number two was to keep my mouth shut. I didn't need another punishment.

I got in the shower and tried to get myself clean but I didn't feel clean. At all. No amount of soap and running water could erase what he'd done to my body and my mind in the past few days.

After my shower, Sejin hyung quietly blow dried my hair and put light makeup on my face. 

The result was really good. But I didn't want to look good for him; I wanted to be invisible to him. I wished I was in a burlap sack and yellow rubber rain boots so he wouldn't even look twice at me.

Sejin hyung had given me some cream to spread on my backside and my rug burn so that it'd help numb me.

He hadn't asked any more questions but his lips were pursed tight.

When I was ready he beamed, "You're pretty as a picture."

"