Chapter 39

Jungkook pov

"Why are we here, really?" I asked finally, sitting on the sofa. He lay on the bed and crooked his finger at me, beckoning. I shook my head.

He let out a sigh, "I wanted us to get away from things for a day, have time alone. No one knows about this place. It's mine, my safe house. We've all got them. No one knows about them so we've all got a single location no one can find out about. I've never brought anyone here but I wanted to show it to you." He got up and walked to the back doors and opened them wide. It was just a set of doors that I guess was for farm equipment to pull up to and lift hay bales inside so it opened up to a straight drop. Straight ahead,though, was a huge field of wildflowers and a large pond, "When it gets dark the sky is beautiful here. Amazing sunsets. Clear and starry. I thought you'd like it."

"You brought me here to seduce me," I muttered.

He chuckled, "I wanted to share this with you. I knew I'd get lucky, sure, we both know you can't resist me, but I wanted to see what you thought of the place, too. After the craziness of the last few days I thought we'd spend the night, get to know one another better. Get our relationship moving in the right direction. Let my people work on the house, on erasing what happened this morning."

As if it could be erased. I sighed. How could I keep my armor up with scenery like this and words like that? Not to mention those bedroom eyes. He lay back on the bed and he crooked his index finger at me again.I shook my head again and looked out the open doors.

"Your temper tantrum is over, Jungkook. Do I have to come get you?" he asked and I looked over at him and the look on his face made my blood run cold. He was used to getting his own way. When things didn't go the way he wanted them to go, he took matters into his own hands. He looked angry with me. Then his expression lightened and he tilted his head at me and smiled again.

I guess I was overreacting. He'd brought me here to a place that was special to him in order to get us away from the chaos and I was ruining all of it. He was trying. And he'd only been honest with me about my Dad and I'd started taking it out on him.

I got to my feet and walked over and put a knee to the bed and climbed up and sat beside him, "It's nice here. Sorry for behaving like that."

He smiled at me and my heart lightened because I could see that the day might be salvageable by the look in his eyes, "Come here," he mouthed and opened his arms wide.

I climbed over and he pulled me down beside him and held me close, cradling my head against his chest with his hand, "You were right about what you said. Let me make it all up to you. I'll work on making it up to you for as long as it takes."

My heart swelled, "I lied," I said softly, "I am warming up to you. I was just..." I didn't know how to finish that sentence.

"I know. Kiss me."

I kissed him quickly on the lips, "The things you said were really sweet. I like it when you're sweet." and then put my head back on his chest. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the sound of his heartbeat.

"That's all I get?" he asked.

"Mmm," I nuzzled in.

"Looks like I'll have to take more, if I want it, huh?"

I shrugged, "Guess you're not feeling sweet right now, huh? Well, if you think you can..." I looked up at his face and caught my bottom lip with my teeth.

His eyes lit up and he raised his brows, "Do you think I can't?" His grip around me tightened.

I shrugged, "Dunno. You'd have to be pretty bold..." Goosebumps rose on my skin but I managed to hold my gaze steady. He growled and flipped me over so that I was on my back and he was on top of me, pinning my arms over my head.