forty-eight.

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT;
HEAD AND HEART!

mike immediately removed his hands and lips from her. "el? you all right?"

she blinked a few times before slowly turning around to meet his gaze. "what?"

"you— you, like, flinched. are you okay?" he asked again, his eyes scanning her body to see if he could physically find what was wrong.

she nodded frantically. "oh, yeah. yeah, i'm fine. i just, i caught a chill or something," she wanted to play off her little moment and focus on him, on mike.

this was mike, her mike. this wasn't just another guy that wanted only one thing. mike wanted it all, all of her.

he watched her for a few moments longer before nodding and putting his hands on her shoulders to rub down her arms, warming her up, "you cold?"

her brows furrowed. "cold?"

"yeah, cause you caught a chill," he reminded, watching her closely.

she smiled but he couldn't decide if he believed it. "oh yeah, i did, but i'm not cold. i'm good, i swear."

his brows tilted together and he reached a hand up to gingerly hold her chin, his eyes holding a gentle concern. "are you sure you're good?"

she was good. it was just a moment, and the moment had passed — at least, that's what she told herself.

she nodded, readjusting her smile. "i'm sure. now, kiss me."

mike considered her for another half a minute, waiting for her eager eyes to dim or some sign to suggest she wasn't so sure, but it never came. she grew impatient, and caressed both of his cheeks before pulling him down for her requested kiss.

he folded in, feeding her his tongue and his soft sighs as they ambled toward her soft bed. he went down first and she followed, climbing onto his lap, all without disconnecting their lips.

her hands had left his cheeks to balance on his shoulders but they quickly slid down to the hem of his burgundy cashmere sweater. "off," she gruffly mumbled against his tongue before she was tugging it up herself, leaving him only in the white button down he'd worn beneath it.

he didn't notice the nervous stutter of her hips as she rocked them against his crotch. despite the haunting thoughts churning up a storm in the back of her head, her bare pussy was rubbing against his hard-but-covered dick and it felt too nice for her not to moan.

mike smiled into the kiss, gripping her thighs tightly and guiding her grinds. "that feels so good, baby," he praised her before sucking her tongue back into his mouth.

she couldn't help but think of how many times a guy had said that to her, or something along those lines.

she felt good. her body felt good.

it seemed to blur her certainties that mike wanted all of her. he said he did, but guys said all kinds of shit to get her to fuck them. she'd received confessions of love, random sums of money via venmo, promised vacations, and all kinds of shit from guys that were too horny to think straight.