Part 25

Readers pov:

I woke up with a huge hangover and cursed myself for drinking so much last night. I noticed that both Steve and Bucky had gotten up so I tried to do the same but quickly laid back down in defeat as my head started throbbing. The groan I let out must've caught the attention of my boyfriends as they both came into the room. I smiled at them before closing my eyes, blocking out the light which was only making my headache worse.

"Hey, sweetheart." Steve said gently before placing something on the bedside table. I heard Bucky close the curtains so I felt like I could finally open my eyes again. I saw a glass of water and some pills laying there so I took those quickly.

"I'm never drinking again."

Bucky chuckled before getting into bed and sitting beside me. "You're saying that now but just wait a few days and you'll somehow forget how bad hangovers can be and get just as drunk."

I sighed. "You're not wrong."

"Come on, Wanda made breakfast."

I pulled myself up into a sitting position before getting out of bed. I grabbed some sweatpants I had laying in Steve's dresser and put them on before heading for the door. I was basically dragging myself along the floor as I walked to the kitchen to get some much needed food. I got there and sat down next to Yelena and laid my head on her shoulder with a groan.

"Are you in the regret phase of your hangover?" she chuckled. I nodded slightly but stopped as the throbbing came back.

Wanda put a plate of bacon and pancakes in front of me and pet my head a little before resuming her cooking. I raised my head from Yelena and started to dig into the food. It was extremely good and exactly what I needed. I was almost done eating when Tony and Bruce came in, murmuring about something. Bruce had an almost sad expression on his face.

"Y/N, I need to talk to you." Tony said, looking a little nervous.

"Tony, not right n-" Bruce started but was cut off.

"No, I'm telling her now."

I looked at them confused. "Tell me what?"

Tony cleared his throat. "Can you just come to the living room with me?"

I nodded before standing up and following him and Bruce. Once we got there I stood in front of them in silence, waiting for them to explain.

"You guys are scaring me, what's going on?"

Tony sighed. "There was a breach in one of the safe houses two days ago..."

I raised an eyebrow. "And?"

"...The safe house your brother was in."

I could feel my blood go cold. It was like time had stopped as I realized what he was saying. "No."

"I'm sorry-"

"NO! No you guys said he was safe!" I yelled at him.

"He was supposed to be Y/N, we thought he was." Bruce said with a kind voice which just pissed me off even more.

"And you didn't even tell me?" I almost whispered before yelling again. "You guys let me walk around all happy for two day knowing my brother was-!" I choked up a little as it started to hit me. My brother is dead.

"Bruce didn't know. I was the only one who knew, I just told him this morning." Tony sighed.

"You think that makes it fucking better?!"

"What's going on here?" I heard Steve say from behind me. I turned around to see him standing there with Bucky, Natasha, Wanda and Yelena.

"My brother has been dead for two fucking days and Tony didn't tell me!" I had tears in my eyes but my anger was what took over.

"What?" Bucky said quietly while glaring at Tony.

"She was so excited to celebrate her first 4th of July, I didn't want to ruin it for her." Tony looked at me, almost pleadingly.

I scoffed. "You think I would consider that more important than my own brother?"

"No of course no-"

"Shut the fuck up! You're a piece of shit, stark!" I could feel myself charging up energy without even meaning to. Tony looked afraid as my veins lit up in white light and my eyes did the same. "You're just a worthless asshole. You were supposed to be my friend! I thought I could trust you!"

"You can!"

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Really? I can trust you, huh? You're lucky I haven't killed you yet."

"Y/N..."

"He was the only family I had left."

"We're your family."

I was about to say something when I just shook my head. I let all the energy go and walked out of the room. Steve grabbed my arm softly to stop me but I just pulled it back immediately. He looked hurt at my action but I just walked away. I hurried to my room and put some random stuff into a bag and changed my clothes before heading back out. Bucky and Steve were both standing outside waiting for me but I just walked past them.

"Y/N, come on, where are you going?" Bucky said as they followed me.

"None of your business." I headed to the exit of the compound.

"Hey, doll, don't just leave! We need to talk about this."

I turned around and glared at them. "I don't need to talk and I don't need you guys following me. Leave me the fuck alone." I spat angrily.

They both looked at me surprised. "princess..." Steve said sadly.

"Don't call me that. Let me cope with the fact that I just lost the one person I had left."

"You have us."

"I don't believe that you guys didn't know. I mean especially you Steve, you're the captain of this team and you're trying to tell me you had no idea?"

"I really didn't."

I sighed. "I'm gonna leave now. You guys are not going to follow me and I don't know when or if I'll be back, so just-" I shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly I don't care what you do. There's not a chance in hell that I'm staying with Tony here."

"No, come on, we'll go with you." Bucky said as he looked at me with sad eyes.

"I need to be alone." I turned around before walking to my car. I got in and started driving away from the compound, no idea where to head. Once I was about 20 minutes away I stopped at the side of the road and just stared out in front of me. I could feel tears build up in my eyes and I put my head down onto the steering wheel. I groaned in frustration as I started to cry and it became harder to breathe. I felt so lost and done, I hadn't seen my brother in two years and now I'll never get the chance to either. And I had messed up badly with Steve and Bucky now too, I didn't have to be so mean to them.

I wiped my tears away before regaining my composure and started the car again. I drove to a grocery store and went inside to get some food, drinks and snacks before heading back out onto the road, no destination in mind, only knowing I had to get away for a while.