9| UNCLE PHILIP

"I hope I'll still meet uncle Philip o it's almost five. I was so engrossed in that book that I forgot to check the time and also I was enjoying Richards company, I hope he's as handsome as I imagined". I thought walking very fast soon I got to our house and I saw another car packed outside behind the one my sister brought I heaved a sigh knowing he is still around.

I ran inside to see the man who got me a phone without meeting me. I entered the sitting room hurriedly and there he was sitting on the couch and he's even more handsome than my imagination.

"Good evening sir,how are you , you are uncle philip right?" I asked without bothering myself to greet the remaining people on seat.

He laughed and said" yes I'm Philip and you must be the beautiful, chef Tanimola". They say blacks don't blush but at this point I felt I was😅.

"Yes sir good evening sorry I'm late I went to read at my friend's library"I said still smiling

"Ok then it's nice to finally meet you your sister adores you so much I've heard a lot about you from her"

"Thank you sir I hope you've eating"I asked

"Tanimola it's ok o go and freshen up at least drop your books ehn don't worry I cooked for him already". Doyin said

"Ok aunty and good evening daddy I've missed you a little". I said pinching my fingers.

"I missed you a little too my dear" he said and laughed . I didn't bother greeting the remaining people there.

I just went inside to freshen up I collected Richards contact on my new phone today so I messaged him to tell him I'm home.

I rushed back to the sitting room where uncle Philip was still being interrogated.

"I like you Phillip but please take care of Doyin well she's the second and last apple of my eyes after Tomiwa" my dad said. Yes I'm dad's favorite and even though he doesn't help financially I love him too.

"I promise I will sir"my mum was quiet which is very strange , I wonder what was going through her mind.

"Uncle Philip I like you too infact I'll love to follow Aunty Doyin when she's coming back".Toyin said.

" No Toyin, I'll take Tanimola instead maybe another time" Doyin said.

"You'll choose this thing over me" she said with anger I was also angry with what she said but unlike her I kept my home training in check it's not right to display our families madness in front of our future in-law.

"Well this thing is my sister and best friend and it's my house so I decide who comes with me or not , do you understand?" Doyin said angrily.

Toyin stormed out of the sitting and mum followed her eyeing me as she left. But I didn't mind at all.

"I have to start going sir it's getting late". Uncle Philip said

"Alright no problem, thanks for visiting and the gifts we really appreciate. Safe journey"my dad said while shaking his hand

I followed he and my sister out to his car
"Tanimola take this little money ehn manage it for now" I collected the money from his hand and said thank you. He hugged my sister, pecked her then he entered his car and drove off.

She put her arms around my neck as we went inside. We sat down in the sitting room with our dad.

"Doyin thank you for making me proud" my father said and yes Doyin has made us all proud.

"It's ok dad and I'll keep making you proud" she stood up from her sit to hug our dad.

After chit chatting for a while me and Doyin went into our rooms, she said she was tired so she slept. I decided to take my phone and chat with Richard for a while before I start reading.

Richard: hey beautiful 😍

Me : hey ugly

Richard: you know you're mean right🥺

Me:😏😏 ahbeg getat

Me: just wanted to check on your big head
I'll soon start reading again.

Richard: But u read for over 6 hours today
TM😳 rest na.

Me: you know I have to study very hard plus
I must get that scholarship .

Richard: I know you will😍 take care of
Yourself 💋

Me: and you too bye 🥰🥰.

Nobody knows I have a phone I always keep it in my room so no one will see it. Immediately I finished my chat wit Richard I switched off the phone and kept it.

I was on my way to the kitchen to get some food when I heard Toyin telling aunty Fisayo.

"Aunty Fisayo I'll show that Tanimola pepper who does she think she is" she said and I wonder what my offense is this time.

"She's grown wings can you imagine and I don't blame her o I blame Doyin but she'll be in big trouble I promise that" I just laughed and continued walking to the kitchen.

Instead of her to read she's planning on how to deal with me and I know the highest she can do is lie against me or set me up .

I dished my food from the pot placed it on the dining soon my mum came outside.

"Wa (come) who gave you the right to touch my pot talk more of eating my food ehn" she said and took the food from the table

"Let this be the last time you'll try this do you understand" she said holding her ears

"Ok ma " I said

"Animal" she said and hissed

I was actually not really hungry so I can sleep like that. I just felt like eating before reading but it's fine anyways.

My examination is the major thing on my mind right now. I took my book out and I started reading.

I pray God helps me to win the scholarship and crown my efforts with success and I also don't want to disappoint the people that I've promised most especially chief Ajayi, Richard and Doyin the three most important people to me ........