Childhood Sweethearts

A new town meant new house, new school, new friends and new adventures for six years old Chuuya. He barely moved in with his mother when he went out, impatient to explore this new place.

He let his mother take care of moving their things with the adults help as he ran to the kids who stood afar, watching in awe these strangers who will be living with them.

Chuuya didn't hesitate to address them, his big bright grin and cheerful tone being enough to make them all turn to his friends.

By the time he was back to his new house, everything was in place, Kouyou urging him to follow her upstairs which he excitedly did, knowing what she will show him.

"You have your own room now~"

"Yess i finally have my own bed !!"

She laughed at he jumping on the fluffy bed in happiness, teasing him as she headed out of the room.

"Says you who will come to my room in the middle of the night crying, begging to sleep with me~"

"I- i'm not doing that i'm not a kid anymore !!"

Kouyou didn't have to look back, she could perfectly imagine her dear son's pink cute, puffed cheeks, he was truly the most precious.

Chuuya on his side, made it his mission to discover every little space in his new room. He now had a desk, a wardrobe and few boxes on the side full of his toys.

There was a huge window as well, he had a hard time pulling away the curtains with his tiny hands but once he did, he was amazed at the full view he had on the street and the neighbors houses.

What caught his attention was in the house facing his, there was a child who Chuuya assumed to be his age, standing by a window and staring at him.

Just as he treated all the other kids, Chuuya gave the child with brown hair a wide smile, blue eyes shining at the brunet who smiled back.

Chuuya had to leave his room when his mother called him. He made sure to wave at the child, realizing that he wasn't among the other kids earlier but Chuuya wasn't worried, he knew he would meet him at School in the next day.

He had no issue fitting in his new classroom. Teachers, students, everyone's attention was on him and he was proud about it, making friends with everyone in the School.

Though, he did notice that the brown haired child didn't come.

When the School day came to an end, he went back to his place but was soon called by the other kids to play with them. As he joined them, he looked up at their neighbors house and the brunet was at the same window, watching them.

"Do you all know who is that kid staring at us ?"

"Ah that weirdo ? He never left his house since he moved here and only watches us from his room .."

"But does he not go to School either ? He wasn't there today ."

"He doesn't and no one knows why, let's forget about that creep now, we wanna show you our secret hideout in the park !!"

Chuuya walked after them, glancing one last time at the kid who followed them with his gaze.

When the sun was setting, all the kids went back to their places, Chuuya being embarrassed at his dirty clothes when his mother opened the door for him.

"I'm sowry, mommy ..."

"You made a mess out of yourself again ? How many times did i tell you not to play in the dirt ?"