Birthday Party Gone Wrong

Inside the calm bar, the sweet melody of silence reigned, it being interrupted from time to time by the sound of Ango's camera as he took pictures of the sleeping cat on the counter.

Oda was enjoying the sight, at the same time thinking of paying a visit to his kids. As for Dazai, he drew circles over the edges of his empty glass, as if dead of boredom, his mind leaving far but soon coming back with a thought that brought light to his chocolate eyes.

"I will officially be eighteen in few days !"

Because he slammed his hand on the counter out of excitement, the cat woke up and ran away. Ango sighed in disappointement, driving his attention from his camera to his friend.

"Knowing you, i thought you would be sad more than anything for not managing to die in eighteen years .."

"Don't get me wrong, i'm only happy because as an adult in few days, Anee-san won't be able to complain about me not keeping my hands to myself anymore~"

The older friends glanced at the youngest in the middle then at each other, Oda's next line being said as if it's the most logical thing to say, and it was, to them.

"So you are going to confess to Nakahara ?"

They couldn't tell whether Dazai was genuinely shocked or was faking it, he had his hand on his chest, eyes and mouth wide open, as if extremely offended by his friend's words.

"What are you talking about, Odasaku ?!! I am going to confess to Naka- what ?! Chuuya ?! That chibi slug ?! I would never ! Don't you know what that hatrack did the other day ?!! He-"

"Here he goes again ..." Oda and Ango sighed, exasperated. One regretted ever including Chuuya in his talk, the other mentally prepared himself for all the whining he was about to listen to. Both of them wishing Dazai would grow at some point, be honest about his feelings, start dating his partner and stop complaining !

"I shouldn't have come .." Only one drink in and Chuuya could feel his body warm up, cheeks red, teeth gritted, eyes glaring at anyone giving Dazai his gift, he was in Dazai's Birthday Party after all.

Oda and Ango were there as well but they sure felt like they didn't belong there with all the high ranked Mafia members in the room, even the Boss joined in. The only guest who didn't attend the party was Dazai's special subordinate, Akutagawa's argument being that he wasn't worthy enough to attend such an important event related to his mentor.

Once everyone's gifts were with him, Dazai walked to the only one in the room who gave him no gift, he didn't hesitate to wrap bandaged arm around small waist, sensually moving his hand as he smirked, knowing Kouyou was watching him and dying inside.

"Where is my gift, Chibi ?"

"I was planning to slice your throat later tonight, isn't this what you want ?"

"No, that's too painful, i want something else ."

"You're saying this as if i would give you whatever you want ."

"Well, as my dog, my maid and mostly, as someone who's in a lower rank than i am in the Mafia, this is the least you could do in my birthday, Chuuya~"

"You-"

Kouyou had to step in, interrupting whatever argument was about to start and at the same time, pulling Chuuya towards her, thus urging Dazai to let go of his waist.

"Enough drinking for today, Chuuya-kun. You should leave to your quarters and rest ."

"I'm not drunk, i can perfectly name each person i would gladly murder in this room ."