Quiet Secrets

"Hey Ana," Dell yells after me as he catches up to me.

"What?" I ask a little harshly, regretting the word as it escaped my mouth.

"I dunno..." He answers as he slows down on his crtuches.

We walk side by side in the cold of the morning. I keep looking over but I don't want him to catch me staring at him. I don't even know why I would care.

"Look, Ana... I'm really sorry for everything, okay? I just want a clean slate with you. I've made a bunch of mistakes with you..."

I know what I want to say to him. I just don't want the whole walk to be one big fake apology. I don't want it to be more awkward than it already is. I just hope Ashley or someone like that is near the front.

So I don't answer. I keep my mouth shut. I ignore every look he tries to give me.

I see through the bars of the gate that Ashley is there. It's time to talk, time to say something.

"I don't want a clean slate with you. You can't erase what's already happened. To be honest... I like you a little. But really, I just wish I never met you. Now I'm stuck in drama. A lot of this is my fault... I don't know... Ashley's great though..." I scratch my arm and bite my lip to keep from crying.

I hate it. I cry so easily. I'm so weak.

I run up to Ashley who is at the front gates and hug her, burying my face into her arms.

"A-Ana, what's wrong?" Ashley asks, frightened.

I shake my head.

"Dell what's wrong with her?" She asks.

I don't hear his answer.

~

I sit down at the lunch table next to Rena. Blake is across from me and Andre next to him.

"What happened to you this morning?" Rena asks as she turns to me.

"Nothing," I answer. I've been trying to avoid contact with everyone.

"Ana, I know something's wrong. Is it Dell?"

"Sorry Rena, but I really don't want to talk about it."

She doesn't say anything and just continues eating.

~

"Hey Anastasia! I hear something happened with you and Dell," Blake yells out after me as I exit the school premise.

"I guess everyone knows now," I start walking faster to avoid the long conversation.

He grabs my shoulder and stops me. I can feel myself shaking.

"Let's talk, now," He walks ahead of me dragging me along with him.

We walk and walk on the side walk. Sooner or later we reach the woods. We keep walking on a make shift trail. He stops me and goes around somewhere as I stand still.

My mind finally comes together and I look around. Woods surounds me. There's two wet rocks that seem pretty large and flat. I look up and there's a little opening in the trees.

"Sit," Blake says as he hands me a blanket of some sort.

I place it down under me and sit on one of the rocks. He sits across from me.

"What's up with you and Dell?" He asks sincerely.

"It's complicated," I answer looking down at my shoes.

"Common Anastasia. You can tell me."

"Blake really."

I stand up my face feeling red. I feel him grab my wrist. I wipe my face and sit back down.