The Walk to School

I wake up feeling fine. Aw man! I clean myself using magic;feeling lazy today. I get dressed and my hair and teeth are already clean and neat. I grab my book bag and a few plums and head out the door. On my way I my plums.

I'm not looking wen I slam right into someone. I look up to see the last face I wanted to see. Wait, maybe the second to last. I see Dell. Why are all of these people neighbors?

We start walking side by side not saying a word. Even though there are multiple questions I want to ask. Like are you going with Katie? Do you still like Katie? Do you like me? Okay scratch that last one. My creative brain is getting the best of me.

"I know you hate me and all, but I'm just saying I'm not going with Katie." Dell comments out of no where." "I'm going." I reply softly. "With me???" "No! I'm just going. I told my mom and dad I would go. I accidentally told them about almost the whole thing and they think I'm going with you. They seemed happy so I agreed to go." "That's really nice of you to do that. To do something you hate for the sake of others." "I do it a bunch. Do you really think I wanted to go to that's stupid party?" "I guess not."

We keep walking in scilence. I think we're both remembering what happened on that day. He fake tried to kiss me. My ears got blasted. I got laughed at. I kicked Dell. I shoved a bucket on Katie's head.

I start laughing. I stop and laugh and put my hands on my knees dropping my book bag. I BET SHE WAS STEAMED!!! That was awesome!

I start calming down. I look up to see Dell laughing a little. My face turns red. I'm so used to walking this alone. I grab my book bag and start walking faster. Dell starts walking faster too and after time I think we both slow down to the normal pace.

I ring my phone out from a pocket in my book bag. Schools about to start. We aren't even 3/4 of the way there! Ugh. Dell is holding me back. I could teleport if he wasn't here. What do I do?

"I'm going to go through here and see if it's shorter. Don't follow. Just keep going." I tell Dell.

With out giving him anytime I start running the ought the forest. I look back and I for see Dell anywhere. I teleport to the woods near the school. I clean myself off and hear the bell ring just as I finish. Great. I walk casually fast to my first class.

I ear everyone buzzing about the dance tonight. It's going to be in the gym. Why in the sweaty gym? I mean seriously. There's even a blood stain that someone forgot to clean up from when someone fell hard off the balance beam onto the floor. I keep hearing "I've got the perfect outfit!!!" "I can't wait!" and "This night is going to be perfect!

Something interesting catches my ear, "I heard Anna is going with Cole." Wow. I had a hunch they were together but I wasn't quite sure.

The final bell rings.

"Class settle down. I know you are all excited about the dance but you need to quiet down a little. It's Friday an I know we always do a little fun project but my computer isn't working. I will give you a free period to just talk amongst yourselves. But you need to be softer with your voices." Mr. Barbell announces.

I sit quietly at my desk as everyone else stands up and forms little groups. Some are even pushing desks together to sit next to eachother. I pull out a blank paper notebook and start drawing me in my outfit for tonight. I do draw it in anime version, I prefer to say cartoon, but whatever. I could never draw as well as my mother.

Three minutes after the final rings I see Dell walk through the door, sweating. He gives the teacher the pass and walks to my seat.

"How did you get here before me?" Dell asks. "I ran..." I reply. "I know for a fact that the school was in the opposite direction. In fact you went through the park. I chased after you, well I went to the park and waited to see if you would sooner or later come. After a while I started sprinting to school."

Dell starts breathing hard then calms down. I reach in my backpack and hand him a wet wipe. He wipes his face then throws the thing in the trash. He pulls up a desk and I try to refer but there's not use.

He pulls the drawing from under my hands and looks at it. Takes a nice long look.

"What's this?" He asks. "None of your business." I reply annoyed, snatching my drawing back. "Is that what your wearing tonight?" "Yes." "Cool. Can I have a piece of paper?"

I hand a piece and he starts right away drawing. I start drawing too. I love free periods. I'm so glad he didn't see me transport.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sorry it's so short! Please shoutout this book! I'll shoutout yours!

Leave comments!

~JOE OUT!!!~