Lies

Anastasia's POV

"What are you guys doing here?" Dell asks.

"Well Ashley was sad that you broke up with her so I thought I should bring her to the mall," Katie smirks.

"It's been two weeks, that's a lie."

"I see you haven't cared much about it."

Katie looks at me and smirks. I stop cowering and step forward a little so I'm not behind Dell. I look at Ashley and she looks away. I look towards the others. Anna's there and she shrugs when I look at her and smiles a little, giving me a secret thumbs up.

"We aren't dating if that's what you mean," I tell Katie as I stand up straighter.

"Yeah, and I'm not a girl," Katie sneers.

"That makes sense."

"Whatever. What are you four doing then?"

"We're hanging out as friends. You don't always have to be dating to hang out."

"Why don't we all hang out then."

"We aren't friends though. I said 'hanging out as friends' not with you. I would hang out with Anna and Ashley though."

"We're actually going to go to a party and drink."

I roll my eyes.

"Go to your stupid party," I turn back.

"You guys should come. It will be super fun," Katie gives an innocent smile.

"If you want to Ana, I'll go..." Rena speaks up.

I look at Dell and he shrugs. No help there. I'm the decision. I look back at Andre to see if he has something to say but he's just looking around the mall avoiding my eye contact. Rena wants to go. Dell seems like he could care less either way. Everyone seems like they want to come but me, and maybe Andre...

"Sure," I shake the thoughts from my head.

"Cool, let's go, my house," Katie smirks as if she knew I was going to say yes.

~

I hate this place. I hate this place. I hate this place. I hate this place. I hate this place. I hate this place. Food... I hate this place. I hat-

"Ana?" A voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Huh?" I look up behind me to see Dell, "Oh, hey..."

"You okay? We can go home," Dell smiles sweetly.

"I think Ashley want's to talk to you..."

I motion behind him to the kitchen. He turns around and Ashley flips her head to look away from him and have her eyes search the food that lays in front of her.

"Maybe you should talk to her... She keeps thinking we're dating. I don't think you want to have her think that right?" Dell shrugs.

"O-Okay," I tell him as I walk towards Ashley.

I stand next to her and pretend to look at food. She continues to do so herself. I scoot closer to her as I look at the food that I really want to eat because I'm starving.

"Hey Ana..." She finally looks up from the table.

"Look, I'm sorry about you and Dell..." I truly apologize, "We aren't dating, really."

"You're lying."

I can almost see tears in her eyes as she puts her hand on the table. She looks down at the food and I can hear her light breathing.