26)

I stirred and I opened my eyes waking up. I found myself still cuddling in Morgan who was sleeping peacefully. I kept laying down cuddling in him. The door opened and I knew who it is. I closed my eyes and snuggled in Morgan more. He moved his head, which is already close to mine, but did not wake up. I heard a grumble, and the door was closed. I opened my eyes and smiled in victory. I pulled away slightly from my fiancé, but that made him wake up.

- Oh, you're waking up now. - I said irritably.

- What? - Morgan asked sleepily, looking at me with his blue-green eyes - What did I miss?

- Alyssa decided to visit us, and I may have snuggled into you, pretending to be asleep, making her jealous. - I replied shyly.

Morgan nodded not liking the idea and got out of bed looking at me.

- Come on, lazy. - he joked.

- Who do you call lazy? - I said pretending to be offended and got up standing in front of him - You are the same as me.

Morgan smiled slightly and wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed me lightly, but I returned it a little more passionately. We separated and Morgan went to training with his dad while I went in the kitchen to have breakfast. My mom was already there with Hayley, Mike, Neil, and the little Henry. I ate and I went into the living room to wait for Morgan. Two hours pass and start to wonder where he is.

Suddenly Erika ran into the room terrified and I asked:

- Erika, what's wrong?

- It's Alyssa and Morgan. Come on. – she said and I ran.

I immediately ran after her. Outside there was pouring rain. My parents, Nikolaos, Hayley with Henry in her hands, Gracie, Blair, Mike, and Neil were outside and yelled at them. I got closer and I saw Alyssa hitting Morgan in the face. I tried to walk forward, but my parents stopped me.

- Let me go. That's Morgan. – I yelled trying to get out of their hold.

- No, Elena. – my dad said pointing to the machine guns – This will kill you immediately.

There were four automatic machine guns ready to kill us if we moved closer to them. I looked back at Morgan, and I saw that his face is covered in blood bruises. Hayley ran back outside taking Mike and Neil, so they don't get cold.

Morgan tried to stand up from the ground, but Alyssa punched him in the jaw making him spit more blood from his mouth. She knelt and grabbed him for the neck suffocating him.

- Stop, why you are doing it? – I yelled.

Nikolaos and dad ran somewhere, but I was focused on them. Alyssa smiled coldly and said:

- Ending that no one could succeed. – she looked at Morgan who was barely breathing – Any last words, Morgan Curse.

- Fight back. – Gracie and Blair yelled together, but I doubted Morgan had the strength.

- I will never let you win. – Morgan said with the blood coming out from his mouth.

Alyssa smiled wickedly and punched Morgan in the face as hard as she could. The moment his body stopped fighting, I cried hard. Nikolaos and my father managed to sneak up behind her and caught Alyssa. Once the machines were unloaded, I ran to him. I knelt in front of him and lifted him into my arms.

- We need to get him to his room. - Erika whispered.

I let Nikolaos take him and he walked away. I followed him, praying that he would be well. He set Morgan on the bed, and we cleaned him up from all the blood on his face and body.

- I will go make sure Alyssa pay. – Nikolaos growled and left the room.

- I will make sure he didn't kill her. – my dad sighed and ran after him.

Erika put her arm on my shoulder nodding that he would be okay and left too. I was alone and I sat on the bed placing Morgan's head on my lap, stroking his face. He had a few bruises on his cheeks and his jaw, a black eye, and a wound on his head.

- Come on, Morgan. I need you. – I cried a little.

I stayed like that an hour just stroking his face and his hair when Morgan gasped in pain clutching his ribs looking around. Our eyes met and he let a calm breath. I hugged him, trying not to hurt him.

- You are okay. – I said with a shaky breath.

- Yeah, I am okay. – Morgan whispered and I glanced at him – But I am not gonna lie. I think she beat me well.

- At least you are alive. – I told him and kissed his lips – I love you.

- I love you too. – Morgan answered.

We kissed each other for a few seconds, but Morgan pulled away coughing a little. He took a sharp breath and I helped him lay down more comfortable on the bed.

- Do you need to call the doctor? – I asked.

- No, I am okay. – Morgan smiled faintly – What happen after I lost consciousness?

- Our dads put Alyssa in the cell and now they are talking with her. I think our moms are together with our siblings, but everything is fine. – I answered – How exactly did all of this happen?

- Maybe the others will want to hear it too. I don't want to repeat it a few times. – Morgan answered – Can you help me go downstairs?

I nodded and helped him stand. Walking downstairs, I saw Hayley on the sofa with Mike, Neil, and Henry. Gracie and Blair were staying on their legs nervously and seeing us, they smiled happy that Morgan is well. Morgan sat on the other sofa with me by his side. My mom showed up from the kitchen at the same moment when dad and Nikolaos walked from downstairs, where Alyssa was locked.

- After my training with dad, Alyssa wanted to talk with me about something important. We went outside and nothing seemed wrong in the beginning. Then I saw that there were these automatic machine guns and she explained to me that she is working for someone called Beast. Then we start fighting and she beat the crap of me. – Morgan explained – She even mention that Lucien is working for him too but keep failing to finish his job.

- What is this job? – Nikolaos growled and Hayley squeezed his hand.

- To kill me. Whoever is this Beast, he wants me dead. – Morgan answered.

I had the feeling that the world in front of me was collapsing again. I wouldn't be able to live happily ever after with Morgan without any problems and people wanting to kill us. I was so thoughtful that I didn't realize that the adults were arguing. Morgan squeezed my hand, taking me out of my thoughts, and I looked at him.

- Everything will be fine. I don't think I'm going to die soon. – he spoke.

- I do not think we will have a quiet life. - I sighed.

- I told you this life was dangerous. - Morgan replied.

I smiled slightly and he kissed my lips trying to calm me down. He has succeeded, at least for now.