27)

On the next day, I walked downstairs, and I saw Nikolaos, Hayley and my parents in the living room. Erika, Gracie, Blair, Mike, and Neil were eating in the dining room, but still were close and could hear everything.

- What's going on? – I asked.

- Nothing, that's the problem. Alyssa didn't say anything and kept her mouth shut even when we torture her. – Nikolaos said.

- We even try talking to her like a good person, but nothing. – my mom sighed.

- Maybe if I use the truthful potion. – Morgan scared me, entering the room – It will work.

- You won't go near her. This is an order. – Nikolaos commanded him.

Morgan clenched his jaw alongside his fist, and I knew he wouldn't tolerate this command. I was right when he says:

- No, you are leaving me to rule when you and mom are gone, and you can't just pretend I am not already in charge.

- Morgan Benjamin Curse, you will not get close to Alyssa, and you will not leave your room until I don't say you can. – Nikolaos yelled at him - Now in your room.

Morgan sighed angrily and left the room. I heard him slam the door.

- Nikolaos, you know that the more you impose your will on him and command him, the more you challenge him to do the opposite of what you said. - Hayley grimaced.

- I know, but I want to protect him. - Nikolaos sighed and sat down on the couch.

- Elena, go check on him, please. - my father said, and I nodded.

I heard Gracie, Blair, Mike, and Neil whisper to each other that Morgan would soon challenge his father's position if this continued like this.

I knocked on the door and entered slightly. Morgan leaned on his elbow, rising slightly. I went and lay down next to him. We cuddle and I waited for him to calm down a little. I leaned my elbow and took his chin making him look at me.

- How much you desire to understand who the Beast is. – I asked him.

- So much that I would be punished for the rest of my life. – he answered – Do you have a plan?

- You have to stay here. – I said and Morgan tried to oppose but I put my hand

on his mouth stopping him – But that doesn't mean you can't listen. If I went there, you would be able to hear everything through the phone.

I moved my hand, but Morgan stayed quiet for a few seconds before spoke:

- I won't let you do this alone.

- I will take Gracie, Blair, and Erika with me. – I replied – Trust me. Everything will be okay.

Morgan groaned turning his head on the other side. He didn't speak for a minute or two but finally moved his head to look at me again.

- I am coming too. I don't care how angry my father will be. - he declared.

- Are you sure? - I asked and he nodded - Okay, now the Serum of Truth.

Morgan stood up and pulled a suitcase from his wardrobe. He opened it on the desk, and I saw many test tubes full of all kinds of chemicals and empty test tubes. Morgan touched nothing and examined carefully what was inside. I reached to take one and looked it closer, but he hit me so I wouldn't do it. He took one test tube and took some from the liquid with the syringe. He was ready, and he put it in his pocket. I opened the door slightly and stepped forward, looking around. My parents were in the kitchen and there was no trace of Nikolaos, Hayley, Blair, Gracie, Mike, Neil, and Henry. I signalled to Morgan and we both went downstairs and straight to the cell below.