43)

My head hurt so much. I wanted to open my eyes, but my eyelids were like lead and heavy. My wrists were tied up in front of me and I try to move my legs, but my ankles were tied up too.

I opened my eyes but doing this the light pierced me. I shut my eyes again, but then I felt someone stroking my cheek gently and I opened them again. For a few seconds, I couldn't concentrate, but then I could see that I am in a room laying on one mattress. My head was on Morgan's lap and when I met his eyes, he smiled. He had a wound on the sides of his temple that was still bleeding slightly.

- How are you feeling? – Morgan asked me softly.

- I am okay. What happened? – I asked trying to remember – I last remember that you tell me we are followed.

- And we were kidnapped. – Morgan replied.

- From whom? – I asked.

At that moment in the room, enter one man. He may have forgotten to put on his mask because I memorize his face immediately.

- This is so cute. The little billionaire Curse with his crush. – the man chuckled.

- Fuck off, asshole. – Morgan growled – You don't know how many troubles you get yourself taking us.

- What will one spoiled brat do to me? – the man laughed.

I now realized that this man didn't know Morgan was a spy and thought that he is one of the heirs of billionaires. I stood even though my head still spinning, but I tried to look focused. I didn't want to show weakness. The men smile devilishly, and I looked at Morgan.

- That spoiled brat can beat you with two hits, asshole. – Morgan snapped at him, but the men didn't like the answer and hit him splitting his mouth.

The men smirked putting a knife to my head saying:

- You have to be his fiancée. I checked you, but the most interesting thing is that you aren't rich. – he glanced at Morgan – You are dumb to be with her. – Morgan this time kept quiet, and the man giggled – Oh, now you close your mouth, only because you didn't want her to get hurt. – he glanced at me – You had to wake up sooner. He was a pain in the ass.

The men stood up and left us alone. My fiancé lick to blood from his cut and sighed in frustration. My mind keeps wondering who was going to kidnap only for money. I didn't know if Curses have enemies like that, who doesn't know they are spies.

At that moment, the door opened and I saw Alyssa, but her face had completely changed. Her eyes were colder, and she didn't seem to recognize us. She didn't know us and kidnapped us because someone has paid her so much money for doing this. Threatening us not to do anything and that she will shoot us if we try to escape; she sat in the chair with the gun ready to fire. I looked at my fiancé and whispered through my lips:

- Why doesn't she remember?

Morgan smiled miserably, looking in one direction before looking me in the eyes and whispering:

- Bryce.

Logan's father, did it? I began to wonder if Logan knew about it and if it was all a lie. Was he my best friend or was he just pretending all the time? My mind shifted to the thought that if I had felt this before, none of this would have happened and maybe I would have spent those two years with Morgan instead of without him.

This sad thought struck me, and I remembered how unhappy Morgan was at first.

Still standing with my head on his shoulder, I moved, kissing his neck, and looked up. Morgan smiled when our eyes met, and he kissed me on the lips. We parted and I put my head on my shoulder again. He hugged me, pulling me closer. We couldn't escape due to the fact we were tied and Alyssa and three men were in the room holding pistols, and we were unarmed. No matter how strong we were, we would be dead. We had to stay still and wait.

By the time, I felt it, I had fallen asleep, but I woke up suddenly shivering from the cold. I think we were in the middle of the woods without heating during the fall and that wasn't great. I was only in jeans, a shirt, and my favourite jacket, but that didn't keep me warm. Morgan was lying beside me with his eyes closed. I tried to move closer without waking him up, but with my wrist and ankles tied up, I found it hard to move properly. My unsuccessful attempt woke up Morgan and he rubbed my arm pulling me into a tight embrace.

- Are you cold? – Morgan whispered.

- Yes. – I nodded and snuggle into him trying to warm up.

- Turn around. – Morgan whispered.

With his help, I turned, and I sighed in relief when Morgan pressed his body against me and wrapped warm his arms around my waist.

- Better. – he asked whispering in my ear.

- Thank you. – I said – I love you.

- Me too. Go back to sleep. – Morgan whispered and I heard him yawn – We need to rest.

With Morgan's soothing presence around me, I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.