41)

By noon, everyone knew that Morgan Curse is in the emergency room very ill and soon even appear theories about it.

I was stroking Morgan's hand watching his skin which now was completely drained of colour, and his lips were still dry and cracked. He was constantly waking up and falling asleep. I was worried but when he was waking up, I put a smile on my face and talked to him. He usually gave me small smile.

The door opened and I saw Hayley entering with a plate of meat, potatoes, salad, tomato sauces and bread. She put it on the nightstand and asked:

- How do you feel?

I now noticed that Morgan was awake.

- I am okay, just drained. – Morgan answered.

- I bring you food and I want you to eat. – Hayley said and Morgan nodded, but she turned to me – Make sure he eats.

- Of course. – I smiled.

I was so thankful that Hayley, Nikolaos, and Morgan's siblings were looking at me like a part of the family. Hayley excused herself and left. After all, she had to be with the professionals and train them. I helped Morgan to sit, and I sat next to his legs putting the plate on the moving table on the bed. We ate in silence because I manly make sure Morgan eat. The moment he didn't want to eat, I was taking one piece and took it closer to his mouth.

- Elena, I can't. – he sighed again like a little kid.

- Last bite. – I chuckled.

- You say like that for the last ten bites. – Morgan frowned.

- Last, I promise. – I said and he ate it – Good kid. I am proud.

Morgan was going to say something, but he coughed. I moved the plate and pushed the table. I went closer to Morgan hugging him. He hugged me back and I immediately felt his hard breathing. I helped him to lay down again and put my hand on his forehead. He still had a fever. I stroked his cheek trying to calm him down.

Morgan closed his eyes still breathing a little harsh, but a few minutes later his breathing calm down and he opened his eyes. His eyes were completely out of emotion and the mischievous spark was missing. I kept stroking his cheek and his neck careful.

- Keep fighting, Morgan. We will find a solution. – I said.

- The yellow test tube in my lab where it's written your name. – Morgan spoke tired and swallowed his cough – It will give me more time.

- Are you sure it will help you? – I asked a little scared.

Now wasn't the time to experiment. Morgan nodded and I kissed his knuckles before running. I entered our room and then his secret room. My eyes were scanned, and I was allowed to enter inside. I looked around and I saw the only yellow test tube with my name on it. However, there was a note next to it.

Elena, if I am sending you take it, I guess my condition is worse. Like I would probably have said to you before you get it, it will give me time and energy, but you have two hours before my heart stops beating. M.C.

I grabbed the note and the tube ran back to him. Morgan was still awake, and I showed him the note.

- We are taking a risk, Morgan. – I said.

- If we don't take it, you will hear my heart stop beating sooner than you expect it. – Morgan said struggling to hold his eyes open – Elena, you want to live with me, aren't you.

I looked at the tube. I glanced at the monitor, and Morgan was right. His heart was slower than before, and any second moment could stop. I sighed and I lifted Morgan's head to let him drink from the test tube. I set my watch to two hours, and Morgan smiled weakly. I kissed him on the forehead and ran to look for Logan. It wasn't hard to find him when everyone knew he had poisoned Morgan.

Seeing him, I grabbed him and pinned him to the wall.

- Tell me the ingredients of the antidote. - I said threateningly.

- All right calm down. I have an antidote in my room. - he replied, and I let him go.

We went to his room, and he gave me a small bottle. I went back and gave it to the doctor who was with Morgan. He did a quick test and it turned out to be the antidote. I gave it to Morgan.

Now we just had to wait. His family showed up and we waited together. Maybe two hours later Morgan woke up and he was a little better. He was still feverish, and his face was still drained of colour, but he felt better. It could be seen. If I looked into his eyes, I could already see the mischievous spark in his eyes. That's exactly what I was noticing now. When Morgan was injured or sick in this case, the spark disappeared from his eyes, but if he had it, it meant he was fine.